Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Bubble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the latest info on these units? It seems a few years ago everyone was excited about them, I even saw a few in a LDS. Now I don't hear anything, or see them available. Are people still as stoked about rebreathers? Whats the latest 2007 technology on these units? It seems I read somewhere that it was thought possible to stay down for 12 hours on a closed cell rebreather. Whats the scoop? Wheres the "gotta have one" gossip?

Thanks,

RC

There is another board where there is a lot of talk about RB's. There is a 'Discover RB' session this weekend I believe in DeLan, FL where you can see, feel and try RB's. Many options...... I want one, but not just yet.....

The Rebreather Experience this Sunday is in Lakeland, Florida. It is being sponsored by Advanced Diver Magazine (www.advanceddivermagazine.com) and hosted by my shop, Off The Wall Adventures (www.offthewalladventures.com).

If you want lots of good info on rebreathers, check out Rebreather World (www.rebreatherworld.com)

There are lots of us out here diving rebreathers both in technical and recreational environments. There is a whole slew of different models, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. It's simply a matter of looking at the various models and scrutinizing your particular diving needs to decide whether rebreathers are for you. And, if so, which one.

I've written an article on "Closed Circuit Rebreather Diving for the Recreational Diver" which should be out in March on the new online magazine, Underwater Journal (www.underwaterjournal.com)

Doug

Since you posted this is the cave diving forum I assume that is your goal. Here is an article I wrote about CCR Cave training in mexico entitled The Inky Darkness

Thanks for the great links. I look forward to reading up on all the latest.
Wedivbc, I understand the pressure (ha) you must have felt to complete the coarse with all the money involved, then having to come back if you bailed out. Next time, I hope you just write it off as better diving next time, being that you are now certified and have no quotas to make.

Thanks Guys,

RC

Mr. Bubble:
Thanks for the great links. I look forward to reading up on all the latest.
Wedivbc, I understand the pressure (ha) you must have felt to complete the coarse with all the money involved, then having to come back if you bailed out. Next time, I hope you just write it off as better diving next time, being that you are now certified and have no quotas to make.

Thanks Guys,

RC
Good advice thanks.

OK , I have to...

For me , I'll stick with Open-circuit in my cave dives down here...I don't want to have to lug all that bail-out gas with me that it will take me to get out in case that very expensive piece of gear fails!

But that's another thread , for another time...!

Me , I'm learning sidemount myself.

Jeano Beano

jeandiver:
OK , I have to...

For me , I'll stick with Open-circuit in my cave dives down here...I don't want to have to lug all that bail-out gas with me that it will take me to get out in case that very expensive piece of gear fails!

But that's another thread , for another time...!

Me , I'm learning sidemount myself.

Jeano Beano

Hey Jean, when do you want to go sidemounting? you want to hit Peacock one weekend?

Cheers :D

Mike

Mike Edmonston:
Hey Jean, when do you want to go sidemounting? you want to hit Peacock one weekend?

Cheers :D

Mike

Mike:
Let me get my sidemount tanks purchased first.
I'll keep you posted.
Give me a bit to practice first!!! :D

Jeano Beano

jeandiver:
OK , I have to...

For me , I'll stick with Open-circuit in my cave dives down hereJeano Beano

Ewwww Open-Circut, you are most welcome to that. And I would be carrying half the tanks as you would be and still coming out with 95% more gas :rofl3:

Cheers
Chriso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom