Recomendations for SCUBA fins that meet carry-on regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you aren't using a bunch of gear, how about something like Zoomies (swim fins)?

upload_2018-12-22_8-36-29.png

I'm not sure where you're getting your size limitations, but my Deep 6 Eddy fins(L) fit in my carry-on.

(A look at their site shows the XL to be about .5" longer.)

Aeris Accel. I put them in my carry-on every trip. They are also light and stiff and indestructable. The straps are easier than spring straps.

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question. I'm looking for suggestions for good SCUBA diving fins that are 22" inches in length or less. In other words, something that will fit in a regulation carry-on. My shoe size is 13 and what I have now are longer than 22".

Thanks,

Marko
Marko- You probably should specify whether you want open heel for boots, or closed heel for barefoot.
The Aqualung Hot Shot mentioned is for barefoot. The size L says it is for (US) size 11-13. I would say that one you should try before you buy, I can easily see it being a little too snug.

The Aeris Accel is now the Oceanic Accel, and I think that might very well fit the bill for you. I have two pair of Aeris brand still on my shelf in size XL, and they are just under 22" long. Also lightweight. The original intent was to pair them with the Jetpack BCD and have a full kit you could just walk right onto the plane with the BCD acting as your carryon backpack. I did try a size 13 boot in the fin, and it seems to fit comfortably. But I don't have a size 13 foot to be 100% sure.

If you are interested in one of the sets I have left PM me. And if you happen to be traveling through the Chicago area for the holidays, you would be able to try it on first too.

Cressi Palau fins are an open heel fairly short fin. They are meant for snorkeling but could work for SCUBA if you are looking for light weight and transportability as the primary features you are after.

-Z

Marko- You probably should specify whether you want open heel for boots, or closed heel for barefoot.
The Aqualung Hot Shot mentioned is for barefoot. The size L says it is for (US) size 11-13. I would say that one you should try before you buy, I can easily see it being a little too snug.

The Aeris Accel is now the Oceanic Accel, and I think that might very well fit the bill for you. I have two pair of Aeris brand still on my shelf in size XL, and they are just under 22" long. Also lightweight. The original intent was to pair them with the Jetpack BCD and have a full kit you could just walk right onto the plane with the BCD acting as your carryon backpack. I did try a size 13 boot in the fin, and it seems to fit comfortably. But I don't have a size 13 foot to be 100% sure.

If you are interested in one of the sets I have left PM me. And if you happen to be traveling through the Chicago area for the holidays, you would be able to try it on first too.

Thank you JackD342 and all of you other divers for some great replies.

I'd prefer open heel fins, that I can use for SCUBA on our spring trip to Akumal. This is a family trip and all of us plan to snorkel, (naturally), but my son, my future son-in-law, and I plan to do some reef diving and cenote diving as well. That said, us guys prefer something more appropriate for SCUBA, and there has been a lot of great suggestions here. My wife and daughters will just be snorkeling, for what it's worth. All of my kids are adults in the early to late 20's.

Thank you all again,

Marko

I'm not sure where you're getting your size limitations, but my Deep 6 Eddy fins(L) fit in my carry-on.

(A look at their site shows the XL to be about .5" longer.)

We are flying United Airlines, and their Carry-on regulations stipulate 22"x14"x9" and 17"x10"x9" for a Personal Item. We're hoping to get most of our gear in the carry-on luggage, but we might end up paying for at least one additional bag to carry most of our SCUBA items.

Thanks,

Marko

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question. I'm looking for suggestions for good SCUBA diving fins that are 22" inches in length or less. In other words, something that will fit in a regulation carry-on. My shoe size is 13 and what I have now are longer than 22".
Thanks Marko

These X-Large fins are 20 inches long, 59 bucks and come with high quality spring straps from "scuba-choice.com"
sc901-1__59818.1516290485.220.290.jpg

Attachments

• 4252_zoom_1520955089.jpg
    4252_zoom_1520955089.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 90

Back
Top Bottom