recommendation for AOW school in South FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sufur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
any one have any recommendations for a place i can do the AOW cert in south florida. In another thread someone recommended a place silentworldkeylargo. are there any other recommendations. Ill be in ft lauderdale but i dont mind driving somewhere for good dives.

any one have any recommendations for a place i can do the AOW cert in south florida. In another thread someone recommended a place silentworldkeylargo. are there any other recommendations. Ill be in ft lauderdale but i dont mind driving somewhere for good dives.

No reason to drive all that way. Plenty of good diving, and good instructors, in Ft Lauderdale area. AOW is about getting more experience, so figure out where you'd like to get that experience and then find a good instructor there.

Check out http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/scubakevdm.html here on Scubaboard.

I just had two buddies take the AOW course with Kev and he delivers a great class. You'll get in some nice diving, have a lot of fun, and walk away a better diver. It's hands down the best choice in my opinion.

He operates out of Boynton Beach on his 6-pack charter boat, Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks, which is just up the road from Ft Lauderdale. The area has very nice reefs (better than Ft Lauderdale IMO) in the 40-60' range plus a couple wrecks in the 100' range for the deeper training.

Let me know if you have any questions or I can help further.

Dave.

well i did my OW with PADI so i guess id like to continue that route. i guess im just wondering how different will the dive sites be depending on where i go?

another concern i have is. depth and tank size. i knwo during the AOW class you do deep diving. do most places just give you the 80 alu tank for this? i was reading an article by nwgratefuldiver and it was saying that some ppl dont like to do any deeper than the size of their tank. Will most schools just give you a regular tank or will they give you a larger tank.

Check out http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/scubakevdm.html here on Scubaboard.

I just had two buddies take the AOW course with Kev and he delivers a great class. You'll get in some nice diving, have a lot of fun, and walk away a better diver. It's hands down the best choice in my opinion.

He operates out of Boynton Beach on his 6-pack charter boat, Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks, which is just up the road from Ft Lauderdale. The area has very nice reefs (better than Ft Lauderdale IMO) in the 40-60' range plus a couple wrecks in the 100' range for the deeper training.

Another plug for Kevin - his name is on the back of my OW c-card, and I've been diving with him since as well. You'll have a great time doing the wrecks and reefs of Boynton/Palm Beach!

Right in the middle of all that Ft Lauderdale is- Pro Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Scuba Instructor Training has been certifying a lot of eager divers and taking them way beyond that initial step, as well.

It's very close to the beach (1 block) and has next door-access to the International Swimming Hall of Fame pools for training and has a great boat for your open water portions. The classroom is designed as a classroom, not a make do kind of set-up.

A no-nonsense approach and everything you'll need from dive shop, repairs and restaurant- right there in one building... with parking!

ScubaKevDM here on Scubaboard. I have spoken.

DC

I did my OW and AOW at Divers Cove in Davie. I'd highly recommend any of thier instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom