Recommendations for Hotel/dive outfit in Sharm El Sheikh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for some recommendations on a dive outfit/Hotel Sharm El Sheikh can't find anything recent on the forum.

Has anyone stayed at Camel?

Planning to go there June this year.

I think camel is great, pm me for details or any questions.

I can very much recommend the Hyatt Regency in Sharm. They cooperate with the Red Sea Diving College, and their house reef is considered one of the best. (Near Gardens)
Good for snorkling, and diving from the beach.
Travel Info - Where To Stay - Five Star Hotels
I experienced very knowledgeable diveguides, and a well run operation.

It's been a few years but the Hilton close to the beach was excellent and cost effective, we dove with emperor divers just next to the hotel and they were excellent as well!

I was in Sharm for a few days the end of March. I stayed at the Marriott (points) on the ocean side and it was very nice. Staff was super friendly and it's convenient being on the "board walk." Although Sharm is very touristy, there are some very good restaurants and if you get away from the hotel restaurants prices can be reasonable.

I dove with Red Sea Diving College. They are great and the staff is awesome. On one dive we had three different equipment failures (including a leak in my wing :depressed:) but they dealt with everything efficiently and got people diving as soon as they could. My hotel was close enough that I could just walk over in the morning, but they can also pick you up. We all shuttle to the boats and go diving. Boats all seemed similar (big and slow). To be honest, I was not that impressed with the diving and the water was cold in March, but I know there is good diving there so gonna try again.

Heading back to the Red Sea in Aug, but gonna do liveaboard this time to try some of the southern sites. Happy diving!

A bit late, but I highly recommend Ocean College. Same as has been said as the others, very professional, knowledgeable and safe, yet fun, relaxing, and accommodating. They visit a great variety of sites too. Out of my last 9 dives with them, I have only dove one site twice, Temple. They go to Thistle, Ras Mo/Dunraven/Yolanda, and Tiran often, as well as any local site you want. They will also take you to the Kormoran out by Tiran if the conditions permit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom