Recommendations for Maui Molokini backwall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Does anybody know the dealbreaker heighth of a south swell?

cause I am hearing it will be 3-5.

We did the backwall this morning and it had just a tad of a swell. It was very doable. It should be the same conditions on Wednesday.

blesi varney:
We did the backwall this morning and it had just a tad of a swell. It was very doable. It should be the same conditions on Wednesday.

I hardly noticed the swell today on the backwall. Brad and his group saw an 8 foot Galapagos shark but Blesi and I were looking for macro photo ops so we missed it |:(

I'm sure you'll have a great dive!

Sean

blesi varney:
We did not cancel a charter yesterday, because we did not have one.

We intentionally closed our boat 2 weeks ago for Monday, Sep. 3, 2007 for maintenance.

Nobody called the shop upset about any cancellations by B&B. :)
You might want to check with your staff.

They were on the way to the shop immediately after they left the boat ramp having gone diving with another company.

Incidentally, they were at the ramp 20 minutes early for the B&B charter... so they waited a LONG time to finally get on another boat. :D

Hey KrisB. - Business must be slow for you to have all this time to blast operators. Your opinions are the joke of the board and just shows how inexperienced in life you are. I will be in Maui next month and would love to dive with you and see if you really know you stuff, I doubt it. Maybe we can rebreather dive together, that is if you can get that rating as fast as your Instructors. By the way you will have to go to Brad for that at B&B as he is the only one on Maui who teaches it, maybe if you are nice he will give you that free ride that you feel you are entitled to. I am sure if you get scared on the dive he will also hold your hand! Diving is a tight community and you are only hurting yourself in the long run, EH

rectec:
Hey KrisB. - Business must be slow for you to have all this time to blast operators. Your opinions are the joke of the board and just shows how inexperienced in life you are. I will be in Maui next month and would love to dive with you and see if you really know you stuff, I doubt it. Maybe we can rebreather dive together, that is if you can get that rating as fast as your Instructors. By the way you will have to go to Brad for that at B&B as he is the only one on Maui who teaches it, maybe if you are nice he will give you that free ride that you feel you are entitled to. I am sure if you get scared on the dive he will also hold your hand! Diving is a tight community and you are only hurting yourself in the long run, EH
Some of us are able to accomplish more in a day, I suppose. :D

If I can get my hands on a Dolphin, I am already certified to dive that... just have not seen fit to purchase one, and am not aware of anywhere (including B&B) that rents them.

I'd suspect that the instructor rating took longer (and came with a great deal more experience) than a lot of others. Believe me, I've seen some of the IDC candidates before and since my course to have some basis for that...

Also -- perhaps you should check your facts. Brad is not the only rebreather instructors. There are three at Maui Dreams that are certified to teach it as well.

I do find it a little annoying that you're suggesting I feel I'm "entitled" to a free ride -- that is far from the case. But when one operator offers it in the spirit of goodwill, and another expects a great deal more than just referral business to offer it, can you guess which one is going to get the referrals?

Lets summarize it like this: so far, I really don't like the way B&B does business, and I'm glad that the situation didn't work out that I'd be referring people there. I suspect that if they ran into even a fraction of the troubles that I've seen, my name would have been dragged down severely along with theirs -- far further than you're suggesting it is right now.

By the way -- get some experience "on the board" before assuming anything, especially like making cracks like "joke of the board"... :D

Aloha Everyone,

If I didn't have a boat already, I would go on Prodiver to dive the Backwall. They have some of the nicest guys I know. I know they would show you a good time.

That was the title of this thread, right? Recommendations for Molokini Backwall.

To all B&B loyalists....'nuff said:) :) Mahalo. E malama pono. (Take care)

Dive Safe.

Always the class act Blesi. Even when someone lies about you canceling last minute. Way to go :)

By the way Kris does Maui Dreams know you post this drivel? Are you what one can expect as an instructor or dive leader when someone goes to Maui Dreams??????

Are you what one can expect as an instructor or dive leader when someone goes to Maui Dreams??????

I'm not employed there, Al.

What you can expect when you go there is top-quality instruction from instructors that follow standards and accompany you on every dive you've signed up for... something definitely worth asking about when you're trying to book training with anyone else...

Furthermore, I think I've avoided any character commentary here -- as you'll note any comment I've made has been directly attributed to verifiable facts. Some of my sources may be one step removed from the root of it, but they're trustworthy. Interesting how y'all have decided to slam this on me for airing some of YOUR friend's dirty laundry. :D

Enough, already! While this thread has been entertaining, let it die.

Agree to disagree, everyone.

(Note - this post comes from a simple reader - not a moderator. I just think it is getting ridiculous now.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom