Recommendations for Maui Molokini backwall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven:
hear·say –noun unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge

Entirely inadmissable in a court of law as well.

MeiLing:
Entirely inadmissable in a court of law as well.
Good thing the court of public opinion doesn't much care what the source is as long as it has some modicum of verifiability and reliability if someone were to choose to make the necessary phone calls. :D

KrisB:
I'm not employed there, Al.

What you can expect when you go there is top-quality instruction from instructors that follow standards and accompany you on every dive you've signed up for... something definitely worth asking about when you're trying to book training with anyone else...

Furthermore, I think I've avoided any character commentary here -- as you'll note any comment I've made has been directly attributed to verifiable facts. Some of my sources may be one step removed from the root of it, but they're trustworthy. Interesting how y'all have decided to slam this on me for airing some of YOUR friend's dirty laundry. :D
Not employed there, what a surprise.

OH by the way, they don't offer any training I haven't already qualified to teach myself but thanks.

Verifiable facts? You totally got caught in a lie when you said they left divers on the dock. Blesi nailed you and their boat wasn't planned to dive. You'd better start verifying yourself for real or else continue to look like chicken little around here.

Not working for Maui Dreams??? After all you've done for them, amazing, lol.

On Maui, the only shop that teaches fully closed Rebreathers, ( Inspiration), is B&B SCUBA They also teach Drager and have 3 for rent to qualified divers. They are also the only shop that teaches and fills trimix.

My wife took the Inspiration course from Brad last year. She was first trained on the Drager and tells me there is zero comparison. That Inspiration is the unit to own.

Oh and one day she got to use the unit on the back wall. Awesome experience she says :)

Al Mialkovsky:
Not employed there, what a surprise.

OH by the way, they don't offer any training I haven't already qualified to teach myself but thanks.

Verifiable facts? You totally got caught in a lie when you said they left divers on the dock. Blesi nailed you and their boat wasn't planned to dive. You'd better start verifying yourself for real or else continue to look like chicken little around here.

Not working for Maui Dreams??? After all you've done for them, amazing, lol.
Actually, Al, it isn't. I haven't sought employment there, nor will I unless I am able to make a "I'm planning on being here forever" sort of statement. The strange thing is -- I've met you, and you seem like a completely different person in reality than you come across here. And I suspect you've felt the same, because you certainly did not act the same way to my face as you do here.

By the way, that incident was first hand. I spoke with those customers (in fact, led their dive) who had confirmed their reservation for the boat dive for that day. They did not receive any notification of the change of plans. *shrug* It meant I got called out of bed to go dive, so I was actually thinking of writing B&B a thank-you note... :D

So... while Blesi may be right as far as scheduling the day off, it doesn't change the fact that someone at B&B had received a booking for the day, presumably recorded it, yet neglected to phone the customer to cancel it. To me, it seems likely that it was just booked earlier than the 2 weeks advanced planning that B&B did for the maintenance day, which is why the maintenance day wasn't on the books yet.

Hey KrisB...

I've got something to say to you... Do you have to comment on every single Maui thread that gets posted here?? Come on man, give us a break! What makes you such an expert?

I just get back from a two week vacation and this is what I open up Scubaboard to read? Stop being such a "know it all". Some of us are getting pretty tired of hearing about your ERDA experiences, Maui Dreams experiences, etc., etc. Out of all of the scubaboarders I've posted with, you are the most combative, agitative one I've seen. You've battled with several people here over the past years, including me. I remember a couple years ago when you went after me for lobster diving! Thanks for the publicity but it's time to give it up Kris!

Chill out or get out! You're really starting to annoy some of us.

Back to the Back Wall....It's a great dive. Stay with the smaller owner/operators and you'll probably have the best time. Every operator here has their strong points. The water conditions are unpredictable so be sure You're ready for it before you ask someone to take you there. When you inquire about pricing, ask what you get for your money. Some people simply charge more and deliver less. Some charge less and bend over backwards to make their customers happy. I always try to under promise and over deliver on my tours. (I'm a diver first and a business man second I guess.) I don't run trips to the back wall but everyone I've dove there with has done right by me. Don't stress, you'll have a great time. As mentioned earlier, try a few differnet operators if you can. The gear might not always be brand new but I doubt it would be faulty. If you really know what you're doing, you should be able to assess the gear and the crew. (If you don't know what you're doing, you don't belong on the back wall in the first place.) This way you'll know what you want and won't have to rely on other peoples (often biased) opinions for your future trips.

Stay with the smaller owner/operators and you'll probably have the best time.

yup, that is what I would do.

has Kris really said anything that bad? I don't know, I have seen him giving some mild opinions on this or that detail. I'll tell ya this, Maui peeps are very opinionated!---too many haoles, lol. We get used to getting no reactions over here so I don't opine much any more, lol. Seriously, it is a different dynamic over there, has any body noticed? ya'll are almost like the PNW-ers, militant and serious as a heart attack. We Oahuians would implode in this pressure cooker if we got so aggro. I think Oahu is more laid back, funny as that might seem. Not as small town, a bit more anonimity. People don't get as bugged so easily.

YAAAAAAY....three cheers for Oahu!!! :D:lotsalove: we da best. (do you see us carrying on? Nope...everybody likes everybody. All the outer islands think we suck...
but we don't and we live aloha cause we have no choice.:popcorn:

And the backwall is a great dive, but we have a couple just as good...shhhhhh. Nobody sees them because everybody thinks Oahu=Waikiki.

ya'll do have better drivers, I'll hand you that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom