Recommendations for Maui Molokini backwall?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sent dozens of divers of all levels to B&B scuba and not a single one has returned unhappy. Advanced (instructor level) divers and divers fresh out of class all raved about their experiences and will dive with B&B again.

They have the ability to please even the jerks I've sent them :)

Safest boat I've ever dove on also. I have learned much from them over the years.

Hi Tim, Hi Al....

You know what my vote would be...B&B all the way baby! Just for Blesi's sandwiches if nothing else.

Hope you are both doing well. Looking to August 2008 to get out there again. We'll have to meet up for breakfast at 5 Palms and diving. Only 11 more house payments before Maui trip...that's how I am counting down now.

Jon

Hey Jon, glad to see you here. I see B&B fixed their forums again. See ya over there.

Ed Robinson is awesome. I dove three days with him recently. There are a few different dives on the back wall. I would book with Ed and request "Batman to the Cove." It is a KILLER back wall dive. Good Luck!

They have the ability to please even the jerks I've sent them
he he...don't ya just love that?

Sometimes you refer some people to some "other people" and hold your breath.

We hear a lot about Ed R over here. I bet people get a lot of indv attention with KrisB also though. His posts have always been spot on and helpful.

Al Mialkovsky:
I have sent dozens of divers of all levels to B&B scuba and not a single one has returned unhappy. Advanced (instructor level) divers and divers fresh out of class all raved about their experiences and will dive with B&B again.

Safest boat I've ever dove on also. I have learned much from them over the years.

Thanks for the information :)

kidspot:
If you are flexible on the day you want to do the dive you might let the op know so they can put you on a day with more experienced divers. As was stated, it's impossible to know the conditions at Molokini until the day of the dive. Nearly all the ops will attempt the Backwall if it is diveable and they have a more experienced group of divers.

I would actually recommend B&B because if the backwall is diveable and they have a mixed group, they will split the group up and take the new group to a ledge at the "start" of the backwall dive and keep them shallow, while the more experienced divers will head on down to 90-110fsw. They tend to have enough DM's to split the group up with 4 divers or less per DM frequently (I've been on the boat with as many as 7 DM/Instructors and 12 divers lol) - Plus Blessi makes great sweetbread sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies :p

Have a great trip :D

btw - Frequently their second dive will off Red Hill and will be close to an hour long dive - quite shallow, but lots of life.

Thank you for the head's up.

Al Mialkovsky:

The majority seems to be in favor of B and B, and your comments on safety really intrigued me. What was it about them that you noticed safety-wise that impressed you? I never really think I know what attributes to pay attention to for safety ssues on a dive boat and would like to learn more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom