Red Sea first timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cottim:
Obrigado Conce,

my problem was september, not august, though! :)

What they told me was that in September the temperature is a little higher ... But I still think that with the wind felt after the dive I would go wiht 2 suits (one of 2 and one of 5 milimiters) and there I would decide which to wear ... But that´s my opinion ... as I said before some people dove very well in a 0.5 milimiters suit :) .

cottim:
Hi,

Can you tell me where in Lisbon is the embassy?
Going there sure beats the waiting at the airport.

Also, does anybody know the water temperature in September, at the Red Sea
Thanks

Embaixada da República Árabe do Egipto em Lisboa
Av. Vasco da Gama, 8
1400 Lisboa
Tel: 21 301 83 01

after av descobertas, going down to alges on the right side, about 500 meters from alges. keep looking right because it's after the last big bend.
you can PM me if you need further info... in portuguese.

about water temperature. i know it's not september but i was there (dahab) on july and i got 27o on every dive. i dove in a tshirt and trunks.

Obrigado mikelegurra!

Armando--

Temperature in the Red Sea seems to vary quite a bit by location! We just got back from 2 weeks south of Hurghada. Water temp was 80F/30C, constant down to about 50ft/15m.

All I used was a dive skin, and was perfectly comfortable. But I do run pretty warm -- most people were wearing like 3mm full suits or shorties.

--Marek

Thank you Marek!

I'm living from Hurghada for the North route.
I hope I get 30º too. :)

Regards

Interesting. I too am thinking of going next month. We're not sure if to do Hurgada or Sharm / Dahab. Any favorites between the two?

Sorry, can't help you.
My first time. :)
I usually dive (in Portugal) with 15ºC and less.
Any improvement will be welcome. :)

Hi Conce!
Have you ever felt cold at Aisha cruise? I don't believe it! ja,ja,ja ;-)
With best wishes
Esther

estherAOWD:
Hi Conce!
Have you ever felt cold at Aisha cruise? I don't believe it! ja,ja,ja ;-)
With best wishes
Esther

I was freezen after every early morning dive :xyxnervou ! After that trip I decided that I´m always going take 2 suits for every trip - one of 2 and one of 7 milimiters.

Prevention is the best thing to do!

Armando, remember that I dive with you with 15ºC (with a 7 mm suit) but I think that I´m beginning with that age process -PDI- that you know very well :59:

You know, Conce, :m16:

I already reached 50. :luxhello:
Can you swear you reach the same age? :maniac:

Hehehehehehehehehe

:spaninq:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom