Regarding O-Rings!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SalilSahani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everybody,

I have Bought Spare O-Rings for My DS 160 strobes and Snyc Cords and the Housing

Can You Please tell Me If I Need to Lubricate the spare O-Rings after a Certain Period of time or You just Lubricate them Once the First time and them Keep them in a Zip lock back till they are Needed ?

Also when storing for Longer Periods Do I need to Remove the O-rings from the Strobes and Sync Cords and store them Separately ?

Regards,
Salil

Spare o-rings kept in a ziplock bag do not need periodic lubricating. For sync cords I would recommend removing the dust cap to relieve pressure on the o-ring if storing for a long period of time. For 200 type strobes it is recommended to remove the battery door o-ring (or store the battery door detached from the strobe). For DS125/DS160/DS161 and DS51 type strobes it is fine to store with the o-ring in place.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Actually it is a better practice to store packings (orings) in opaque sealed packaging to prevent breakdown by ultraviolet rays, that being said packings we have tested remain pliable for 20 plus years when properly stored. Zip-lock bag in a dark place will work.

Back
Top Bottom