Regs storing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noblesix

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was wondering if you could share your experience about your favorite way of storing regulators in the equipment room of your dive center. If you are not working at a dive center, have you ever witnessed a really clever way of a dive center storing their regs? I'd like to get some ideas about some best practices regarding storing; how do you store it? do you use hangers? how easy to get them down and put them back? do you make loop and hang them? etc..

I really appreciate your input. Thank you.

I do not have a system either. I do have many regs though, so hopefully someone will chime in. I find it easier to develop a system once I see what others do. Just need ideas.

DD

We have about 20 sets of regs, they are rinsed, disinfected and rinsed again then coiled and hung on a pvc hook. No hose savers.

My closest dive shop uses bcd hangers with reg dust caps built in to hang the bcd and reg in their trailer over the students tanks/weights each student gets their own tank holder and 8" "coat hook" to hang BCD regs and wetsuit. The only problem I have seen is once the diver takes the regs off of the hangers dustcap they never put on the attached dust cap again.

I have seen their regs dropped in the water/dirt without cap or tank attached. I dont know how often this dirt and water has caused problems but I wouldnt want that maintenance headache. Rental gear takes a beating on a good day I would try to minimize the chances to add to that carnage.

I rinse, check them out, dry them hanging up on a hook, and then store each set in a small tote. Always use dust caps and lay them in the totes in a way that does not stress the hoses or fittings. Check out includes mouthpiece and hose inspection, 1st stage filter inspect for foreign matter, spg returned to zero, maybe a tune if I noticed something not quite right or to my liking. Treat them right and they will last a long time.

you can disinfect them by dunking them in various solutions, though if you have a pool on site, the chlorine is usually enough

If you are working with dedicated single tank rigs, then these work quite well. Your shop can order them, and I'm sure there are places online where they are cheaper
Amazon.com : BCD and Regulator Hanger for Scuba Diving - Black (MSRP $14) - Scuba Essentials by DiveCatalog : Sports & Outdoors
We drill a pair of holes in each end and tie loops of shock cord into them. The mouthpiece of the secondary goes into the one on the left, the primary clips into the loop. Console clips onto the right loop and the inflator hose dangles. It is important to have the crossing to limit the radius of the bends. The hanger acts as a dust cap for both din and yoke regs. Once the regs are on, the bc shoulder straps just go on and you have the whole unit on the same hanger.

My personal regs are coiled inside of a milk crate. Typically 6 of them at a time, 2 backgas, 2 stage, 2 deco. I also have my reels, computers, lights, and helmet with gopro in there. All fits in one milk crate so moving and stacking is quite easy, they are also free to dry

Back
Top Bottom