Regulator Compatability Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, they are not, true upstream regulator designs have not been made for a very long time. The only upstream part of the Poseidon's is the tiny servo valve. They will actually start to freeflow if IP is exceeded, this occurs at a much higher IP than normal regulators obviously, but long before a hose failure will occur. The freeflow is initiated by a leak in the valve insert which is what actually seals off the regulator. It is important to have an OPV put on the first stage, an Omniswivel hose adapter with OPV built in, or use Poseidon brand hoses *no OPV needed*, but that has nothing to do with the question at hand.

no, they are not, true upstream regulator designs have not been made for a very long time.

While true about Poseidon, there are a few upstream still being made. SiTech is one such example.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I think I might go with a standard Octopus as an alternate. I have been using one since I began diving and never had an issue. I did go with an inline octo on the inflator hose once and did not care for it so switched back. I ended up asking him and he said he didn't mind the change.
Again thanks to everyone and sorry about opening up the great debate once again.
Dive safe.

Again thanks to everyone and sorry about opening up the great debate once again.
Dive safe.

That's okay, it was really my fault, it's been a while since the last thread on this topic, and anyhow this sort of thing is exactly why we willingly waste so much of our time on scubaboard....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom