Regulator dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... BTW, did you know Hog has a balance piston 1st?
Hog-Balance-Piston-DIN-1st-First-Stage--Hog-BP12427-3153_th.JPG

Has anybody opened this one yet? I'd like to know is the HP seat is interchangeable with the Scubapro's.

I've been wondering how this one would compare to a Mk25. Anybody know where we can get Hog schematics?

3. Screw off faceplate on second stage: Does this actually come up? Is it a cave-only situation? The 109 is screwed shut, so if this is an important feature, it drastically simplifies my options.

5. HOG D1 vs D2: I hear they're the same price and have the same internals. I've found that the turret on my current regulators very useful on stages, and the 5th port has been very nice for the longhose. Is the turret a substantial enough failure point to forego these conveniences? Is there a different reason to consider the D2 over the D1?

3. I *think* you can modify the SP faceplate (break the tabs off or something?) so you can remove it by hand. Handy when you chum your reg :)

5. IMO turrets are nice for stage regs (easy hose routing both stowed & deployed) but I would choose a reg that has hose routing that is better suited for doubles without needing a turret or 5th port

Sorry for the delayed reply. Just got back from a weekend with my GF doing her SEI AOW class. We had a blast. Although I still can't get over instructors allowing students on checkouts to swim along a line with poor trim and buoyancy and do it single file as well. We saw several divers today on one dive with death grips on the line in 5 ft of vis with no buddy next to them and one instructor leading the column and the other at the end. It would have been so easy for any one of those divers to lose their grip and be lost and alone.

But to get back to the question. Yes duckweed got between the faceplate and diaphragm on my Oceanic Delta 3.

Back
Top Bottom