Regulator kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doole:
I've been searching nearly my whole life for some of those Acme brand anti-gravity pills - you wouldn't know where I could find them, would you?

They are in Aisle 4, between the powdered water and the cordless extension cords.

TT :wink:

PB565:
I'm not going to kiss anyone's ***** just so they'll take my money. What is this bizzaro world where merchants are doing YOU a favor? Any business that has that attitude can go s**t in thier hat. I'll deal with scuba toys.

I hear that. I paid $140.00 or so to have my Apeks regs serviced at the lds. Almost half of what I paid for them. Probably as a result of buying them online, no "free" parts. They did a good job, tuned real well and gave back all the parts in a bag so I have no problem paying for good work. But I could basically do the annual inspection then sell my reg on year 2 and buy a new one. Would almost be better off.
Anyway I bought all the tools from Peterbuilt and have kits. No need for LDS as far as regs go for quite some time.

scubatoys:
Ok... This is easy. Their policy is to get free parts, they have to be serviced by an authorized dealer. We do annual service on Zeagle, or any other reg purchased from us for $39.95 and parts are free. But if you want to do your own rebuilds, there is no problem buying parts kits from us if want. Just give me a call, and you can buy any Zeagle rebuild kit you want.

Once again Larry proves why I drove 300 miles from SA to Dallas to buy my gear. Being extremely anal and sometimes cheap, I even considered the cost of fuel and my time (double time for weekend) at my current salary as an engineer, spent for the drive to his shop. Which, by the way took an extra hour due to the massive thunderstorm I was driving through at the time. With all of that factored in I still saved well over $2000 for all my gear versus buying at my LDS. When compared to Leisure Pro I still saved over $900.

To go a step further, I just spoke with Rick (at ScubaToys) about an O-ring that turned up missing from my Zeagle Escape BC. This is the large o-ring that goes in the plastic screw on connection between the BC and the corrogated inflation tube (no clue what it is actually called). Anyway, I wanted to purchase a replacement since my LDS would not sell me one, and Rick said he would drop a couple in an envelope and mail them to me today. FREE OF CHARGE. Now that's service.

QUOTE "If you want access to parts to DIY, then I would suggest that you develop a relationship with your LDS."

This is the root of the problem...It is the problem Ive had with my LDS
since I received my training. For some reason the LDS seems to think
we as divers owe them something. Not once has my LDS done anything,
ANYTHING...to try to win my business, it is assumed that since theirs was
the door I walked through for training, all other needs would just naturally
be filled by them. Well that is just not so.
Now, Larry at Scubatoys, has gone well out of his way to earn and keep
my business, which is why everthing but my personal gear has been purchased
from him. (he is 1200 miles away from me, but I dont care).
I'm not strokin the owner of my LDS just so I can get grey market parts so I
can rebuild my regs myself (which I would like to do). I'll just wait till the
powers that be let me buy them straight up from the manufacturer or authorized
dealer (with manufacturer authorization). Till then I'll be shippin my Zeagles
to Scubatoys.com for their annuals. Thanks for listening and please drive through.

Scott,

If I am authorized to repair other makes of regs, am I allowed to order kits for zeagle regs or do you require technician class in order to fix your regs. Some outlying areas don't provide reg service, and a trip could be down the tubes if you can't service a reg.

DrSteve:
Well I have to say my LDS refused to service my wife's Legend because:
a. It wasn't purchased from them
b. It was purchased second hand

I'll support my LDS when they support me!

seems to be a recurring theme, a buddy of mine now has this attitude after the LDS tried to fleece him for some second hand gear, luckilly he knew exactly what he was buying and made them see the error of their ways.. but it stinks...

I'm sure that there are great shops out there.. but why all the BS? Surely the profit margins are already high enough? otherwise the mfrs are making way too much money!

Just to check, with an active warrenty, do these service kits come free during annual servicing at Zeagle distributors, meaning we only need to pay for labour?

Thats my understanding and if thats the case, wont be be actually cheaper to... send it in like how Zeagle hopes their customers do?

Correct me if my understanding of FOC service kits if wrong, because i own a full set of Zeagle too.. haha.

Back
Top Bottom