Regulator Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hose routing and port location.....

Do you own a BC?

If you do, take the BC to the store, get a tank and assemble the rig....this is where having the gauge(s) and the alternate second stage is important......hook them up and make sure the hoses feel good to you and that it works for where you like your gear......this is where the port locations are important.....

If you don't own a BC then it gets more complicated........:D

M

One place will most likely give me a deal on a package and I am not sure but I think he provides free servicing, .

I surely doubt any any lds would provide free servicing. Free parts yes but servicing regs etc. has become their bread and butter especially lds far removed from the ocean.

I am close to buying the Oceanic EOS FDX-10 DVT any thoughts, concerns etc.?

I've never seen the XTX200 in an LDS, but if the store carries Apeks regulators would I be correct when I assume they could probably order other Apeks regulators?

I don't have a BC yet, I am picking up the regulator/computer/second stage now to try out before the water gets too cold and then I'll take it with me to Barbados in February and the BC in the spring.

THREAD HIJACKERS BEWARE! (start a new one brotha)

"Where on LI are you from? I'm originally from the North Fork."- Cougar281
I'm from Moriches. I did my cert at Southold Town beach.

No kidding. Small world. I grew up about a mile and a half from the town beach.

Two things I forgot to mention. One was the A700 is heavier than every other SP reg except the G250V, and I was a little unsure about that, but the weight is nonexisitent when you're in the water. The other was you might take a look at a comfobite mouthpiece. All the other regs I have used had what I'd assume to be stock mouthpieces, and I got jaw fatigue almost every time. I got a comfobite for my A700 at the recomendation of one of the divers at my LDS and holy smokes it's comfortable, and no jaw fatigue, gum irratation or anything.

mmmmmmmm......

This a tough one.......I would buy the reg and BC together.....

That way you can optimize the whole setup.......hoses, alternate second stage retainer, clip for gauge or gauge console.....etc......

But that is just what I would do........

M

"No kidding. Small world. I grew up about a mile and a half from the town beach." -Cougar281
Definite small world. My instructor lives right by there or else we would've done it somewhere else. Pretty cool man.

"I would buy the reg and BC together..... That way you can optimize the whole setup.......hoses, alternate second stage retainer, clip for gauge or gauge console.....etc......" -Jorgy
Good thing I always pick expensive hobbies! Haha I was trying to avoid buying everything all at once to spread out my purchases if possible. It does make sense what you are saying though about getting it all together.

I am close to buying the Oceanic EOS FDX-10 DVT any thoughts, concerns etc.?

As for the EOS, they are made in the same factory as the Hollis, and same parent company as Hollis is a famous dude, but he is strange about pushing Hollis over his other brands. Hollis is to diving equipment as Strother is to archery equipment I guess and they have their following.

Oceanic Eos Regulator - Oceanic Scuba Diving & Snorkelling Equipment & Scuba Dive Gear

The one you are looking at is WOB of .87 JPL, and I think the Hollis are .68, but I'd have to search to be sure.

I've never seen the XTX200 in an LDS, but if the store carries Apeks regulators would I be correct when I assume they could probably order other Apeks regulators?

If they carry Apeks (which many do because the are not sold online), they also service them and can get you whatever you want.

The XTX200 has a WOB of .41 jules per liter so it has great paper specs as well; saying its an easy breather is an understatement.

... Apex is awesome (when they are not broken)... But you will spend the rest of you life trying to get that environmental seal off.

Just curious, can you elaborate? I'm a SP guy, but a lot of people I know are pretty dogmatic about Apeks.

... Eventually I would like to do my own rebuilds, but I do not feel comfortable with my limited experience/knowledge to do that at this time...

Then go for a Scubapro setup: it's the easiest for DIY servicing, and the technical support here is the best there is. Have a shop service it for a few years while you gear up for DIY.

Personnally, I love my MK20/G250, currently sold as MK25/G250V.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom