regulator setup for doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis DC3 and 212 setup for $200. Diaphragm 1st stage, so no extra cost for sealing. Less expensive than a Hog setup.

DC3-212 - Dive Right in Scuba

2 of these, an SPG, and a LPI hose and good to go for under $500, I think.

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/courses/technical-diving/service/hogregrepairclass.php - one option.

I believe both Jim L? and Robert Arak also teach the class at dive shows. Maybe somebody does at Our World Underwater.

HOG Regulator Service Course - Scubatude. Scuba diving training, equipment, and service.

If you're going tech, don't buy Atomic.
Although I love them, the seat saver orifice opens a passageway to the 1st stage when not pressurized so on a pony bottle or a shut-down reg set they're not the best idea.

If you're going for serviceability around the world through authorized dealers, get Apeks. Any Aqualung/Apeks dealer can service them. They're fairly ubiquitous in the dive world. Most people are familiar with them.
I agree - at least peruse dealer locators for shops near where you might be diving. Hog being a newer company is weak in some areas. I'm not sure who has more dealers, Aqualung or Scubapro but I see both everywhere I travel. Aqualung is even an Aggressor Fleet partner but IDK what that means for parts/repair availability on their fleet.

Hmm well when I bought my aqualung legend lx...it came with free service parts for life. All I had to do is register it and the shop rebuilds it every other year but I'm guessing used regs would lose that option.
The parts kit is the cheap end of that deal. You're still paying the service costs. Isn't it AL the requires an inspection every year and service the 2nd. Hopefully the inspection is free at your dealer but a different one might charge for the tech's time - seems only fair since they didn't make a dime on your purchase and they have a salary to pay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom