Reliable Dive Boats Schedules????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decker

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While I have been vacation diving for a few years, I am relatively new to the Miami area and the whole idea of local diving. There just aren't any 7 day a week dive boat operations in Colorado! I am hoping some of you long time locals can help me out?

In the past eight weeks I have had charters cancelled by Parrot Island, South Florida Diving HQ and Scubatyme due to "not enough customers." What is the deal? When did it become the customer's problem that they only have a couple of diver show?

If I am going to clear my calendar and block a day to dive, I don't want to have to worry about being cancelled at the last minute or having to do a last minute scramble to find out who is really going to leave the dock that day. I understand maintenance and weather cancellations... But, not enough customers?

My question is simple, are there any dive operators in the area that stick to a policy of going no matter how many divers show up that day? I simply want to know for sure that the trip is going to go unless mother nature or a mechanical problem intervene's... Is that really too much to ask???

While I have been vacation diving for a few years, I am relatively new to the Miami area and the whole idea of local diving. There just aren't any 7 day a week dive boat operations in Colorado! I am hoping some of you long time locals can help me out?

Welcome to both South Florida and to Scubaboard :)

In the past eight weeks I have had charters cancelled by Parrot Island, South Florida Diving HQ and Scubatyme due to "not enough customers." What is the deal? When did it become the customer's problem that they only have a couple of diver show?

In the Keys, they have a little better cooperation between operators and they often pool their customers. You might do better here by booking a six-pack boat (some only require two divers to run) and posting your dives here to get some other divers onboard to ensure the trip runs.

If I am going to clear my calendar and block a day to dive, I don't want to have to worry about being cancelled at the last minute or having to do a last minute scramble to find out who is really going to leave the dock that day. I understand maintenance and weather cancellations... But, not enough customers?

The alternative(s) are/is they simply stop posting weekday trips or run at a loss and go out of business.

My question is simple, are there any dive operators in the area that stick to a policy of going no matter how many divers show up that day? I simply want to know for sure that the trip is going to go unless mother nature or a mechanical problem intervene's... Is that really too much to ask???

None that I'm aware of, everybody has a minimum.

Welcome to South Florida diving!

I have some great news for you...

Pro Dive International runs everyday, weather permitting of course ~

The 60ft long Pro Diver II comfortably accomodates up to 28 divers, but she'll go out diving with only one signed up!

Here is a sample of the charter schedule:

Monday through Friday: 930AM to Noon for a single tank shallow reef dive and snorkel trip. This is ideal for families who have a mix of divers and snorkelers in the house, this is also a great time to test out new gear.

Monday through Friday: 1PM to 5PM for a two tank dive. The first dive is usually to a wreck such as Tenneco Towers, Mercedes, Jim Atria, Rebel and even to the Five Wreck Drift where you can hit the Moonshot, the Pride, The Tracey, The Scuddy and the Mercy Jesus all on one dive - navigation and air permitting of course! The second site is usually a reef site. Also, if you're the first person to book on the charter then you may be able to select the site... today they are diving two wrecks instead of a wreck and reef.

Saturday and Sunday: 9AM to 1PM for a two tank dive with much the same schedule as the weekday afternoons although the typical request is the five wreck trek for Saturday mornings.

Saturday and Sunday: 2PM to 5PM for a two tank trip to dive the 30foot reef system. This is also great for families, folks in training and testing out new gear.

The Pro Diver II also has a range of Sea and Sea cameras on board for free demo, along with underwater communications and, believe it or not, the talked about 30/30 DUI drysuits are also available for demo!

Again, the Pro Diver II has no minimum passenger requirement for the boat to leave the dock! Pro Dive is located right between the International Swimming Hall of Fame and the Las Olas/A1A intersection! The number to call is 800-776-3483

Hope to see you out there!

That's one. Are there any other dive boats that leave the dock no matter how many customers show?

Conch Republic Divers does not cancel trips if we at least have two divers going out on our day trips. We require 4 or more for a night dive.

You can check out our online schedule to review or book the dives scheduled. Also don't forget to check out the Dive Log on the calendar for dive conditions and comments.

Last edited:
Welcome to S. FL and Scubaboard!

You posted:

"I simply want to know for sure that the trip is going to go unless mother nature or a mechanical problem intervene's... Is that really too much to ask???"

Well......I hear ya - it stinks, and its likely happened to all of us - but you can't expect them to lose money, especially in todays economy. And if most boats take out 1 or even 2 divers, after fuel, captain, etc - they are better off docked.

2 - 4 divers seems to be the norm - you could always ask if you are the only one diving if for a little extra $$$ they would do the trip.

What an operator needs to do is make their policy cristal clear - ie, "You are the only one signed up now and we need 'x' divers to go out"

Deepstops post is excellent and informative, and Pro Dive is just up the road in Ft Lauderdale - I'm diving w/ them Sunday so I can't say now how they are, but their attitude sounds great.

Good luck, and again, welcome.

Pro Dive is just up the road in Ft Lauderdale - I'm diving w/ them Sunday so I can't say now how they are, but their attitude sounds great.
KEWL I get to dive with you at long last!

I been following this post about pro divers all day .What did they do just pick a few members and sent them an invitation to dive with them for a special price to be used before june 15 .
well i find out the answer on another post , it was just for a few that were selected to try out the dive boat and spread the word .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom