Reliable mailorder/ internet SCUBA stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charged

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Like anybody else, I dont want ripped off in any way...whether its by not receiving what I purchased, recieving garbage, or falling victim to identity theft.

So, what stores exist online or in mail-order that's trustworthy? Who do you folks use?

I see a lot about scubatoys.com but I know nothing about them.

Thanks!

I've bought most of my gear from ScubaToys. Excellent services, prices, and great folks. I've also bought things from dive-logs.com LeisurePro, Diver's Direct, and Scuba.com and have received good service from all of them.

Ditto here.

First, let me say that I try to support my local dive shop by checking there before I order online. If the shop has what I want within a reasonable price range, I purchase from the shop. This particularly applies to items that may need servicing down the road.

That said, I have also done business with Scubatoys, scuba.com, and Leisure Pro. All have been excellent for me.

The reason I may choose one over another usually depends upon which one has what I want.

Shipping also comes into play sometimes. Recently, when I tried to order a $150 item from scuba.com, they wanted to charge me $86 for standard shipping!! Usually they are very reasonable, so I think it may have been a problem with their web site. But it was a deal-killer in any case.

My area does not have a traditional local dive shop (within seventy-five miles in any direction), therefore, I do most of my shopping by internet. Scubatoys.com is great, with exceptional service (I've also visited their store a number of times...same thing, great service). Scuba.com also does a good job and I've been impressed with their speed in filling orders.
Either should be a good choice.

Several thousand bucks invested in my LDS which is also Dive-sports (above) which also is a large online retailer. I can say w/o a doubt, that you'll get A-1 service second to none.

Phil and the crew are awesome!

Kenny

Ive allways seen good things here about scubatoys, and Larry is helpful here on the Board , and that goes for Phill at Dive Right In Scuba, Mike at Dive Sports, Tobin at Deep Sea Supply, Joel at Tech Diving Limited, and Mike at Unreal Find.
I've delt/talked with all of them and would not hesitate to order from them

Last edited:
Liesure Pro for most of our gear, Scuba toys for some other stuff and scuba.com for our camera..

I avoid LDS like the plague they are.

I really do not like them one bit. Everyone I have encountered has been very opinionated and stuck on the brands they sell. (to the point of bad mouthing other brands when its may very well be the same product)

I just dont like that attitude..
In the bike shop world, when the mail order was getting big, we would try and keep up as best we could. What we had over everyone else is that we had labor we could charge for assembly so when someone bought a hub and some spokes and rims we knew it was only a matter of time before they came in to have us build the wheel since your average joe just cant do it right..
We wouldnt look at the parts they brought in and say "hey! you mail ordered this! get this junk out of here!" If fact, we may even ask where they got it and for how much to see if we could get it cheaper for ourselves that way..

I have met countless dive shop employees and operators and have not had any good dealing with them.

Come at the ones I have met with enough knowledge of the products to challenge them and its like a used car salesman.. they just dont want to deal with a hard sell.

Back
Top Bottom