Reliable mailorder/ internet SCUBA stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another happy customer chiming in for:
Scubatoys
Dive Sports
Dive Right In Scuba
scuba.com

Ber :lilbunny:

You really cant go wrong with any of them. Obviously Im biased though :D I always tell people to try and support the dealers that support this great site! We all try hard to put out great info, and be apart of the conversation and hopefully have some fun while making a little money with our passion....

We arent the BIG guy in the online world, but that gives you great service from us! 3 employees, handful of great instructors, and we love to talk scuba....we have grown quickly in the last 3 years for good reasons!

Thanks to all those that put in a plug, your payoffs are in the mail.....LOL

Welcome to the board!!

I have used Leisurepro, Scubatoys, and Divesports and been quite satisfied. I would not use scuba.com as I have read too many complaints about mixed up orders, delayed shipping and their anti-consumer efforts to enforce manufacturer's retail pricing restrictions.

Liesure Pro for most of our gear, Scuba toys for some other stuff and scuba.com for our camera..

I avoid LDS like the plague they are.

I really do not like them one bit. Everyone I have encountered has been very opinionated and stuck on the brands they sell. (to the point of bad mouthing other brands when its may very well be the same product)

I just dont like that attitude..
In the bike shop world, when the mail order was getting big, we would try and keep up as best we could. What we had over everyone else is that we had labor we could charge for assembly so when someone bought a hub and some spokes and rims we knew it was only a matter of time before they came in to have us build the wheel since your average joe just cant do it right..
We wouldnt look at the parts they brought in and say "hey! you mail ordered this! get this junk out of here!" If fact, we may even ask where they got it and for how much to see if we could get it cheaper for ourselves that way..

I have met countless dive shop employees and operators and have not had any good dealing with them.
Come at the ones I have met with enough knowledge of the products to challenge them and its like a used car salesman.. they just dont want to deal with a hard sell.

How many is countless.... Not one positive encounter?

Scubatoys, Leisurepro, Scuba.com, 123scuba.com, Divers Direct, Dive Right in Scuba, and Divers Supply are all good places---have ordered from all these several times(1st time almost 15 years ago) without ANY problems--ever---Great delivery time and all legit, have no fear on any of these.......

EDIT: add to that list Off the Wall Scuba......

Last edited:
I'd recommend, based on my experiences with them:
Scuba Toys- Great package deals, great prices, but since I live in TX I get taxed. Joe is a great guy to just shoot the breeze with.
Scuba.com- Bought a bunch of items from them. Occasionally you may get an email after the purchase that the item is out of stock and a new delivery date has been set. If it's an important item that you need right away, give them a call. They bent over backwards to get me what I needed when I needed it.
Extreme Exposure- If you need anything Halcyon, these are the guys to talk to.
Dive Rite Express- If you need a Dive Rite product or a part for just about anything dive equipment related, these are the guys. They stock a gazillion parts for dive equipment.

I think Liesure Pro's policy of excluding SOME residents of the U.S. from its "perfect fit" return program sucks. I was all set to consider buying a BC from them until I read the fine print in this little program of theirs.

Of course, LP, ScubaToys, and all of the rest of them often offer "free shipping" on orders over a certain amount - but then if you read the fine print, you can see that they exclude the state you happen to be in. They could at least be decent enough to discount the shipping by whatever it would cost them to send it if you lived in some OTHER state.

I do have a very good experience with the Leisure Pro, but I try to spread my money around and support my LDS too. I do buy some stuff on the Ebay , but that is of course "buyers beware" situation. (bought Mobbys trilam drysuit, guy said it has 4 dives but it look a brand new with the undersuit for $400, great deal, so it could work):deal:. For me it's not always just the cost. It is a great service, guys and girls with a lot of personal experience with all kind of gear over the years (for me specifically with the tech stuff), good, reliable, hands on help, sometimes outside the hours of normal operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom