Reputable Cave Guides in Akumal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMick:
After some digging I found the brochure and the website: www.akumalvacations.com 1-800-448-7137

I believe we stayed in The Reef Condos on Half Moon Bay second floor with an amazing view of the Bay.

Many times, if they aren't booked, you can negotiate the condo price.

Forgot to mention our cavern guide's name was Luis.
:wink: Thanks Mick... I'll look into it.

Smokin:
Hi!

I'm looking for some recommendations for reliable cave guides and safe hotels in Akumal. I've been there once and dived/stayed with Aquatech/Villas De Rosa, but did not like their operation. I'd like to go back and do some more cave diving, but I am concerned about the reliability of the dive operators. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I highly suggest Protec diving in Playa del Carmen. These guys do not cater to sport divers. They are strictly technical diving. If you are looking for guided cave or caverns this is the place to go. As a matter of fact in Mexico, the only true technical dive center which not only trains in Mexico, but worldwide is Protec divers. Speak with Scott or Matt the owners. These two guys have brilliant minds and will set you up. I recently came back and dove caves which would blow your mind. Know them well, Tell them Joe from NY recommended you. I also had a friend who tried Aquatech and some other cave diving group in Mexico and was extremely disappointed until he began diving with real divers and not a bunch of tour guides with tanks on their backs and nothing in between their ears. Good Luck to you.

Joepilot:
I highly suggest Protec diving in Playa del Carmen. These guys do not cater to sport divers. They are strictly technical diving. If you are looking for guided cave or caverns this is the place to go. As a matter of fact in Mexico, the only true technical dive center which not only trains in Mexico, but worldwide is Protec divers. Speak with Scott or Matt the owners. These two guys have brilliant minds and will set you up. I recently came back and dove caves which would blow your mind. Know them well, Tell them Joe from NY recommended you. I also had a friend who tried Aquatech and some other cave diving group in Mexico and was extremely disappointed until he began diving with real divers and not a bunch of tour guides with tanks on their backs and nothing in between their ears. Good Luck to you.

Protec is the way to go - Matt and Scott are great and you will not be disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom