Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just finished reading for the first time the PADI rescue diver book. Can,t wait to do the exercises in the water.

The class is alot of fun.A little grueling at times,the exit on the surface while removing gear and faking the rescue breaths was tricky as was ascending with an uncontious diver holding the reg in place while dumping both b.c's.When my instructor was faking drowning on the surface,several bystanders thought it was real.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. I, too, am looking forward to getting into the water.

Rescue is a fun class, plus very informative. I love teaching Rescue, it gives me the chance for the Oscar I'll never get while playing the victim.

Xayro,

It is comforting seeing so many taking this course :) Good luck and remember to get a rhythm with your rescue breaths. If you go up the PADI chain this skill will be assessed a few more times.

Best of luck,

Arizona

I am taking my Rescue class right now. Just finished up all the academics (4 nights @3 hrs each night). Have already completed the 1st day in the water. What a great day it was! The self donning is something I will never do. Too heavy! Did pretty good with all of the surface rescues, after I was "taught a lesson". Panicked diver rescue, I got a little too close and BAM the instructor was right on top of me, clawing his way onto me. It got really serious really fast, this was no longer role playing my friend! But, I kept my head together and got out of the situation. It was a good lesson and one that I will never forget. Can't wait for this weekend!

Good luck to you all! Learn, and have fun. I took rescue 2 years ago, and it was a great course. Hard (especially for a small person) but fun and very empowering. Some things I thought would be hard, weren't particularly, other things were harder than I expected. I'm definitely a better diver for having taken it.

My wife and I are studying and doing the Knowledge Reviews currently prior to taking the course in a couple of weeks. We are both looking forward to it.

Does anyone know what is required to get the Master Diver PADI certification after completing the Rescue Course?

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom