Restaurant suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sethw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks,
Headed to Curacao next week for the first time, my friends and I would be interested in any suggestions for restaurants from those of you who are familiar with the island - much appreciated!
Seth

Where on the island are you staying? Makes a difference for suggestions.

Wherever you’re staying... be sure to try Wine Cellar restaurant

Sol Foods in Westpunt weekends only - Buracao Sunshine who posts here owns it. Sol Food, Curacao - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Landhuis Daniel was recommended by our apt. owners - have not been there. On the main road back to town near CE.

east of town - Ribs Factory was very good
http://www.ribsfactory.com/

this place has totally remodeled upscale since we were there but it's right on the beach. I'm almost positive that when we ordered the lobster they sent some one down to the water to collect a couple. Surf and Turf Curacao

more casual, try the Bahia bar/grill cliffside in Lagun overlooking the beach. That's also an excellent dive site. Bahia Restaurant - Bahia Apartments & Diving

Discover Dive at the entrance to Lagun bay is where we rented tanks while in the area - they have a truck height loading dock.Discoverdiving & Restaurant -> Home

Another option you'll pass regularly is Relaxed Guided Dives - Shore Diving in Curacao on the main road back to town.

There should also be a shop down the hill from you waterfront by the condos but IDK who is currently managing it. That's another good dive - a local called it Nos Kas - most reference it as the ex-Habitat resort site.

Last edited:
So you are in the middle roughly, not in town and not in Westpunt. Westpunt would be a good 20 mins away. Trio Penotti in Westpunt gets high reviews everywhere and we eat there when we can. Reservations a very good idea and check ahead for times etc. Located near the entrance to Christoffel. No website but you can find info by google etc. Another interesting restaurant which is on the way to westpunt and will be closer to you is Komedor Krioyo/Landuis Dokerstuin. Local restaurant were you can get some authentic island cuisine such as goat or papaya stew . We ate there once and enjoyed the food. As with most places though, don't go in a rush or expect to get in and out quickly. Info at Restaurant Komedor Krioyo - Landhuis Dokterstuin, Willemstad - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor
We have friends who stay at Coral Estates. Let me check with them.

From the folks who regularly stay at CE, Landhuis Daniel is highly recommended so are places called Williwood and Karaktersplace, places I know nothing about. Have a fun trip.

Hi folks,
Headed to Curacao next week for the first time, my friends and I would be interested in any suggestions for restaurants from those of you who are familiar with the island - much appreciated!
Seth
I leave this Friday for two weeks :bounce:

If you go into Willemstad for lunch there is a large barn like structure (maybe 100 yards long) filled with many (maybe 20) stands selling plate lunches to the business crowd. I hope the locals can weigh in and provide the street and more details. We stumbled into this place, sorry I can't provide more details

I had an absolutely superb goat stew and can't wait to go back

I leave this Friday for two weeks :bounce:

If you go into Willemstad for lunch there is a large barn like structure (maybe 100 yards long) filled with many (maybe 20) stands selling plate lunches to the business crowd. I hope the locals can weigh in and provide the street and more details. We stumbled into this place, sorry I can't provide more details

I had an absolutely superb goat stew and can't wait to go back

Ahhh, its called the "Old Market" or Plasa Bieu. Address is: De Ruyterkade, Willemstad, Curaçao

Back
Top Bottom