Restaurant suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at Coral Estates. Eat lunch or dinner at Landhuis Daniel for sure. The food and view are fantastic.
You'll pass Williwood every day, so you'll end up there. Go when there's BBQ.
I second the local places on the way back from Westpunt to Coral Estate.
I like the lunch place at Porto Marie. The food is just average, but the beach and drinks make it worth it.
Karakter was not my cup of tea, but since it's inside of CE you'll probably end up eating there.
For diving, I can recommend Divers Republic at Daaibooi Beach. It's 5 minutes from Coral Estates. Bob is a great guy, runs a good shop, and might take you lionfish hunting if you ask.

Last edited:
Thanks so much to all who replied! super helpful, looking forward to trying some of your recommendations.

Much appreciated!

One I haven't seen mentioned, if you want to head to West End, is Landhuis Misje. We haven't been in a few years but they preferred/almost required reservations and weren't open every night. Great food. Landhuis Daniel is I think the closest nicer restaurant near Coral Estate and was always a favorite when we stayed there.

Unlike when we stay in Westpunt (when we rarely want to drive all the way to town for dinner) it's not too bad to do that from Coral Estate, once you get used to the roads. There are so many restaurant choices around town it's hard to know where to start. One idea is to find a good Indonesian rijsttafel place, especially if you have a group of people.

Last edited:
Karakter Place is a good restaurant. www.karaktercuracao.com on the beach. We were in Curacao for 14 days. Dive shop 15 second walk away. Coral Divers Curacao Up the stairs is another restaurant. Good food there also.
So you dove with Coral Divers? (I've been curious about the dive shop there ever since the resort was reopened, but couldn't find much solid info on Diver's Republic when it was there, or after it changed to Coral Divers. It was a great place to dive when it was Habitat - boat diving available every day, shore diving available 24x7, and very laid back rule wise. I'm trying to figure out if is still like that, or has turned into anything like boat goes only if there's enough divers, set hours for tank and locker access, someone wanting me to follow a DM or be back on the boat in 45 minutes, those sorts of things.)

We were there January 2017. They had just opened a short time. No boat yet but one was on order. Did the wall dives out front with them. Very nice people. Rented a truck at the airport and did all of our diving up the west coast. Took tanks a couple of times to other sites or rented tanks at the other dive sites. If i remember correctly it was about 18.00 US per tank. Would go back. Reefs were all healthy. 100's of fish would swim by on every dive site. Coral was healthy. 2 mil shorty. Enjoy Curacao. We just got back from Roatan. Curacao was much better.

i'm usually too cheap to eat out at many nice restaurants when traveling but wanted to give you a for what it is worth from our recent trip. Driving was both easier and much more relaxing than expected, taking a 20 minute drive will not stress you out the way driving in Mexico or say Jamaica would, or honestly most places in the US. The scenery is great and drivers are both sane and polite so don't let the distances change your mind. we actually found ourselves driving around just for the enjoyment some evenings. If you are near Lagun have to give a plug to Discover Diver's, they went above and beyond for us and left both myself and SO very impressed, great dive shop. Would suggest Shelterrock for the sunset and food, was blown away by the view and great service, food was solid for the price. also good midday or early evening meal at Discover Diving Restaurant.

I would say Landuis Daniel and Trio Penoti are worth the Drive from Coral Estates for lunch or dinner. Reservations are a good idea but no absolutely needed. No one is turned away but your table might be in a less desirable location. On Sundays a good lunch can be had at a food shack at Playa Piskado in Westpundt. The diving will blow you away. You must bring your own tanks though. Cas Abou beach has a good lunch and very nice dive facility as does Porto Marie which is very near Coral Estates. Rent a car or pick-up and explore the west end.

Back
Top Bottom