Retired Instructor out of action for 25 years, what's with the new gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lastly, I know many of you are in love with your computers but as mentioned in original post, will be doing single dives to mostly 30 feet so not needed. But sounds like working for you.
Hi, It’s not that we’re in love with computers it’s what they offer.

For example, last Tuesday I did 2 dives the profiles could not be done on tables:
1st Dive. 28m with a bottom time of 46 min, no mandatory deco. With tables we would have incurred 48 min of deco.
Surface interval 1:30.
2nd Dive. 26m with a bottom time of 45 min, no mandatory deco. With tables we couldn’t do the dive, it was outside their scope.

These were both shore dives so we could control our depth making them multi level dives. On neither dive did we get any closer to mandatory deco than 10 min.

I get it, really. But I live on Kona side of Big Island. Numerous great dive spots 10-25 minutes away (easy to do 1 morning dive). Beautiful reefs until you hit 40-50 ft then a whole mess of sand. I am sure we will get computers down the road when traveling. Anyways thanks folks for all your help. Be signing off now for awhile. Rather be diving than typing. Mahalo. Deb

Paradise.

Back
Top Bottom