Review Review: Replaceable Neoprene neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve inquired with Justin at scubadelphia, will edit the answer here (after I order one :wink: )

same part, so this is a great price, I’m going to order one.

I’ve inquired with Justin at scubadelphia, will edit the answer here (after I order one :wink: )

same part, so this is a great price, I’m going to order one.
I ordered one at that price directly off the Aqualung US site with free shipping.

I see that Aqualung makes a similar product. Neck Seal Drysuit | SLT Neoprene Neck Seal - Aqualung

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It seems like it'll work with SI tech quick neck, and it's $50 cheaper.
A few years back I was given some seals by the west coast AL rep, to the best of my knowledge they are the same seals used in the quick neck by SiTek.
I asked a dive retailer who asked AL who said that it's the same system just under a different name, so this seal will also work if you want it.

So I received the aqualung slt neoprene neck seal and am trying it on. You could make your own. The base that goes into the ring system seems to be latex, which is then cemented to the neoprene neck seal, with a bit of sewn trim to make a nice finish that I don’t think really adds to the water tightness or strength of the bond between latex and neoprene.

So I received the aqualung slt neoprene neck seal and am trying it on. You could make your own. The base that goes into the ring system seems to be latex, which is then cemented to the neoprene neck seal, with a bit of sewn trim to make a nice finish that I don’t think really adds to the water tightness or strength of the bond between latex and neoprene.
Found it to be the same as yours, the waterproof is nicer, maybe $50 nicer but this looks like it will work just fine but I’m not pulling the WP one out to find out but I will use it if the opportunity presents itself.

I just got a Waterproof neoprene neck seal for my new Seaskin Nova with the quick neck system. It fits great but is a little too long. Is it best just to fold it down over itself or do people trim it?

^ what he said.

Fold it over to the inside. Tuck it way in there. The smooth, bare neoprene should be against the skin of your neck. That is what makes the seal.

Hopefully, you installed the seal the correct way. lol! When you pull the neck seal down over your head, the smooth neo should be on the outside, not the inside. The side that is a layer of nylon over the neo should be on the inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom