Review Review: Replaceable Neoprene neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how a whole neoprene suit is cheaper that trilam but this neck seal is so pricy, I will end up buying one but wish you had tried yours a few months ago when they were $20 cheaper :wink:

Once they saw that I started a review, they knew there would be a run on them..

LOL :wink:

I got an OTR Seac suit but had to put smaller boots on it. At 6’2”, 225 I have smallish size 10s.

I fully get the idea of diving dry in temperate waters using a shell. And you can layer the thermal protection you need. But if you’re diving cold water I think a neo suit is hard to beat. If for nothing else, a warm neck is worth the price... or rather paying half as much.

My impression is that crushed/compressed suits are more common is Europe. Colder water and rougher conditions warrant the suits advantages over shell suits. That’s why a neo suit made sense to me diving in NJ and Great Lakes. Do you see more shell or neo suits?

Well, it was a trilaminate suit (Cordura FZ), but it came with a neoprene neck seal.
In Belgium and the Netherlands, it is about 50/50 between neoprene and shell suits. But in the arctic (I was diving North of Norway, Iceland and Greenland), it is trilaminate all day long, as you have more space for extra undergarnments. Which you WILL need.
I've only seen shell suits over there.

I only have one data point - myself. But, I have a compressed neo suit and a trilam. For the really cold dives, I use my trilam.

The neo suit is for dives where I don't need a ton of undergarments. A 150-gram undersuit seems to be the sweet spot for under that suit. If the water is too cold for that, then I'll go with the trilam and possibly my 250-gram. And dry gloves. I don't have dry glove rings on my neo suit.

And then for really warm water, where I only want a drysuit for redundant buoyancy, then I would wear the trilam.

With either suit, though, I'm still going to have a neo neck seal. :D

It says it works with AL's SLT system. Are you sure it will work with a Quick Neck?

It says it works with AL's SLT system. Are you sure it will work with a Quick Neck?
That's the thing. I've looked for any info on the "STL" system, and I haven't found anything. No matter what I try to search in Google, the only results are for that neoprene neck seal.

That's the thing. I've looked for any info on the "STL" system, and I haven't found anything. No matter what I try to search in Google, the only results are for that neoprene neck seal.
A few years back I was given some seals by the west coast AL rep, to the best of my knowledge they are the same seals used in the quick neck by SiTek.

Here is an ad that covers the sizes

Back
Top Bottom