Reworking my setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth I use a 40 inch miflex hose underarm with a Scubapro 120 swivel. I've tried a number of different configurations and this has been the most comfortable so far. I also use an Aqualung Airsource3. My SPG is on a 26 inch HP flexible hose underarm clipped off to a SS split ring I put low on the left shoulder strap just above the waist strap. I found a 24 inch HP hose with a single tank just a little too short to see the SPG easily. I can see that an over the shoulder SPG arrangement could work and I may try that some day.

Which swivel were you using? One of those hemisphere ones or the 90 swivel?

Just keep in mind with the 5 foot MiFLex that the first couple of dives will be prolly be annoying because of the float and flex. The memory effect will wear off as the braiding relaxes itself over to match your drape over time. But the float is just something to deal with.

Most people trying the 5 foot rubber and the 5 foot Miflex will like the rubber better the first time IME: no memory, and no floaty. But I like the MiFlex once the braided relaxes for weight reasons.

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 06:23 PM ----------

Or less, even:
HP, LP & BC Hose Adapters and Fittings - Dive Gear Express

OK, I went out of town on vacation and my 5 ft hose was sitting on my porch when I got back. Unfortunately I didn't have time to add the hose to my setup for the dive that day, but I set it up today with a 90 degree adapter.

It felt heavy out of the water, but once I got in the water, all was good! I was comfortable and the miflex didn't bother me whatsoever. 90 degrees was perfect as well. I don't miss that swivel at all! I didn't try the 110 because I still haven't received it. It's been on order with DRIS for a couple of weeks and it barely shipped the other day.

On a different note, you recommended DGE. I had their website bookmarked, but I had never ordered from them before. I decided to order a HOG mask and Hog Tech Fins. The free shipping made it to me next day since their shop is about an hour south of where I live. I like fast free shipping :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom