right now at CCV.... webcam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing I can't get out of my head about CCV, Liz being there every day and chatting with everyone, then coming to dock Saturday morning and giving every single person a hug and kiss and thanking them for coming to her resort. :D You just don't get that most places.
Friday night party at the Club House, Limbo contest.
That is Liz holding the bar on far side, check out her face!
CCV_playtime304.jpg

I am seriously looking forward to my induction into the CocoNuts club in a few years (your 5th visit) and also receiving my free trip on my 10th visit. I DO plan to go back there that much. :D

It kinda sucks that I went there for my first diving vacation. The whole operation just fits me so well (lots of diving, laid back atmosphere, and not a lot of planning needed about where to go diving or logistics) and I can't find any other place with a similar setup. Now I'm just spoiled by them.

It kinda sucks that I went there for my first diving vacation. The whole operation just fits me so well (lots of diving, laid back atmosphere, and not a lot of planning needed about where to go diving or logistics) and I can't find any other place with a similar setup. Now I'm just spoiled by them.

so true!

we had been diving for 8+ yrs before we went there for the first time last Nov.
I never had a place I enjoyed so much, underwater and topside. Now I compare EVER place to CCV, and none have met the standard yet, that is why we are heading back in 5 months. :D

so true!

we had been diving for 8+ yrs before we went there for the first time last Nov.
I never had a place I enjoyed so much, underwater and topside. Now I compare EVER place to CCV, and none have met the standard yet, that is why we are heading back in 5 months. :D

SO SO TRUE. I went with three buddies and we decided on the Friday night that we would be coming back again and again. It's the best place for diving I have ever been to. Liz, Doc, Patty and EVERYONE else -- they're all wonderful.

Robin, I remember that moment. Er, at least I think I remember. Something about the rum punch made part of it a little fuzzy! :wink:

I'm going back in two months with a group from Don's shop (will get my 100th Roatan dive in during that trip); and again in June with Ann, Francis and crew (will be my Coco Nut trip, W00t!) :D

The new dive boat will be (using Island Time) ready this month (or so)....
Are they going to use this as an extra boat for day trips? :eyebrow:

Are they going to use this as an extra boat for day trips? :eyebrow:

I would think so.

This is a "deep vee" hill design which will be better suited for venturing out from the comparatively calm waters of the South Side.

The other existing 4 fifty foot dive boats have a shallow draft but are very heavy and wide. They don't rock much, plus- the center moon-well re-entry system adjusts for the "pitch" of a boat at anchor. The "keel" you see below is actually solid lead:

P1010260-1.jpg

The deep vee is a more hydrodynamic shape, allowing for more fuel economy at faster speeds- this will but Cayos Cochinos (The Southernmost of the Bay Islands) within easy reach. Utila, Barbaretta and Guanaja would be an easy reach, too.

The downside is that deep-vee's do rock more at anchor. They are similar in shape to the ProDiver Models (but with some real improvements biased towards divers) that you find all over the dive industry- just like the fleet at Anthony's Key. These will be a lot different in other details.

Right Doc, before my 2010 calendar starts getting full, let's get a date planned for you to finally show me CCV and Roatan!

I am bound for Egypt again next month for two back-to-back liveaboards (which will be trips number 39 and 40 to Egypt), so I'll make sure I do venture back to the reef to look for some little critters once in a while just for you and not just hang in the blue with Mr Shark all the time!

Hope any trips you've been on since Ft Lauderdale have been blessed with better weather than we had! Still, we had a good laugh, and you saved my liver from just spending day after day sat in a bar!!!!

Mark

The deep vee is a more hydrodynamic shape, allowing for more fuel economy at faster speeds- this will but Cayos Cochinos (The Southernmost of the Bay Islands) within easy reach. Utila, Barbaretta and Guanaja would be an easy reach, too.
That is exactly what I was getting at. Very cool. Jesse has told me several times about how good the diving at Cayos Cochinos is, I'm really eager to dive there but everytime I think about booking the Utila Aggressor I wind up back at CCV! A day trip to Cayos Cochinos (similar to the West End trips they do now if enough divers are interested) would be awesome! I'd charter the whole dang boat if I had to! :eyebrow:

Thanks (as always) for the info! :D

we are going in two weeks. It will be our first trip and very excited. I want to see big things and little things. Whale sharks to sea horses. Since we only have lakes and quarries here to dive in, will be thrilled to be in clear, warm water.

How many rooms are being redone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom