RIP Agnes Milowka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ag worked at Dive Rite as our Marketing Coordinator in 2008. She met Lamar at OzTek in 2007 and he invited her to come for a visit. She did and we invited her back as a member of our team the following year. Economic conditions as well as an expiring visa took her back home to Australia in 2009, however we stayed in touch.

A few weeks ago, Agnes signed on as one of our Ambassadors and with her typical energy and enthusiasm had all sorts of ideas on how we could partner together in the program. It was our delight to be working closely with her again.

We are saddened by her tragic loss. Ag brought an unbridled passion to everything she did, but especially to our beloved sport of cave diving. She will be missed. The entire Dive Rite team sends our condolences to her friends and family back home.

Kathleen

it is so sad to see this happen to such a passionate and dynamic person. May we call keep her in our thoughts and remember her love of this sport each time we enter into a system.

My condolences to her family. Agnes was such an interesting individual and so passionate about her life pursuits. She will be missed.

Dwayne

RIP I respected her alot for her accomplishments as a cave diver and really looked up to her. I wish I could have meet this amazing individual.

:( Heartbreaking. So sorry for all the family and friends that have lost this beautiful woman. I did not know her, but her story will forever live with me.

I cannot even begin to imagine what her parents are going through. Agnes was the only child of my good friend from way back at the Silesian University in Poland, before we all met here again in Australia. They lived for her and were so proud of her.
Agnes was an inspiration to many people, including myself. She always will be in my thoughts with every breath I take underwater.
Rest in Peace, Agnieszka

Does anyone know Agnes' funeral arrangements, or family contact? Agnes used to sail with us out of Royal Brighton Yacht Club years ago and we'd like to pay our respects. We'd lost contact with her and were devastated by the news.

Cheers in advance.

I only dived with Agnes once when she was studying Marine Archaeology here in Adelaide. I didn't get to know her but she struck me as a lovely young woman. The circumstances of her death bring back some very unpleasant memories of the deaths of friends and acquaintences at "The Mount" during the pioneering, foolhardy days of the late 1960's and early 1970's... until the CDAA was formed in response to the number of fatalities, particularly those of very young divers.

Spare a thought not only for Agnes and her parents but for those who helped in the recovery. I was at Kilsby's in April 1969 during the recovery of the first two divers who died at The Mount. It was a traumatic experience that is still fresh in my mind.

After a fantastic 30 year safety record thanks to the CDAA I had hoped that those days were gone forever...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom