RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was really surprised to read this when I saw it this morning. I kept looking to see if it was some sort of hoax. Also very surprised at her age; I, too, thought she was younger. I was impressed by her broad knowledge (she was clearly well-educated), analytical approach to issues, logical reasoning, maintenance of self-control/'a cool head' even in fairly tense debates, and the time & effort she put into posts to help & educate people.

We are indeed poorer for her absence.

Richard.

Wow. Isn't it funny how personalities you only meet through your keyboard and screen can become so real to you. She was real, and she kept it real. I always thought if I ever got back to Phuket (was there before my diving days) I would like to dive with her. She was fun, she was helpful, she was knowledgeable, and she was fair. I think she was someone worth knowing.

RIP.

Very sad indeed.. I learned so much from her posts -- she was one of the first members who's commentary I came to hold in high regard when I first came to the board. Rest in peace Marcia.

I was shocked when I saw this sad news. What a loss for the diving and SB community. I never met her but enjoyed her posts. Even when people were arguing back and forth and being a little nasty she had a way to post with calmness and reason. I've always planned to a trip to Thailand someday and planned to contact her. I knew she would steer me right for what I wanted regardless of how much or how little it benifitted her. Condolences to the family.

I am simply stunned. Like many of you, I respected her opinions and interactions here on the board. Like many of you, I also held a number of private conversations on a variety of topics. Marcia was insightful, articulate and well reasoned. I had the opportunity to spend a little time with her during one of her trips to the US and I'm grateful for that opportunity.

Rest in peace my friend, you will be greatly missed.

Ow, unbelievable. Quero, your light continues on in the scuba world.

I used to read Quero's posts with pleasure. She was one of the few persons who always managed to write her messages in a detailed and friendly manner. I will definitely miss her posts.
Like Cousteau, Quero has rejoined the world of silence.
My condolences to her relatives and friends.

Last edited:
I was diving in phuket about a week and a half ago and I booked my day trip dives through Marcia aka Gecko divers. Had the chance to meet her in person and she is a friendly and very patient person.

How could thisbe happening? I even thinking to go back and take advanced course with her in near future.

Rest in peace Marcia

I did not have the pleasure of meeting her in-person, but enjoyed reading her posts. The dive community lost a great asset. Condolences to friends and family.
RIP Quero.

Im still in shock from reading this yersterday. I did not see eye to eye with her in some things, but I always thought highly of her as a member of ScubaBoard. She was a key element in the community, and it feels really weird because it's almost as if we lost someone we "saw every day", even if only through the internet most of us. This is a sad loss for the diving community, and I can only say Im shocked and sad by this news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom