Roatan- Anthony's Key Resort trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9:
Hmm.. What can one expect to pay for "adult beverages" here?

Depends on where "here" is. The prices can very widely depending on where and who is buying.

There are locals places, and then there are locals prices.

You can get a small bottle of Flor de Cana rum for $2.90 in Barrio Fuerte, but you can buy the same bottle for $7 at the airport.

Beer can run from 80 cents to $3.

I go to dive.

Concerning taking T-shirts to AKR: My brother in law owns a T-shirt printing biz and has shirts that are test shirts or contain some minor printing mistake. Would these shirts be acceptable? I'll be at AKR in March.

Thanks.

Concerning taking T-shirts to AKR: My brother in law owns a T-shirt printing biz and has shirts that are test shirts or contain some minor printing mistake. Would these shirts be acceptable? I'll be at AKR in March.

Thanks.

I don't know of anyone resort who dictates what kind of shirt you wear? Wear what you want, but dive nekked! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::idk:

Seems the DMs in Roatan love Beef Jerky! Take some along and make friends! Also tip the 10% of the package as said and then give a little to the School fund! Take school supplies because an education is the only assurance of a better future in a third world country!

Here is your shark dive and I also have one of the Dolphins as well at the web site!
Vimeo: Video

We are going to Roatan for the first time in April, staying at Reef House. Is 10% of the total for the week pretty standard, including for the DMs and captains? That seems low after Mexico, where we have been a few times.

I have been told and have followed the suggestion of 10% divided between Dive, House keeping, kitchen Staff, and maybe something to a DM or Captain that went the extra mile! It is not Mexico!

Been to Reef House several times. I always give the manager money to split and then tell him I'm giving the guide and boat driver separate tips. These guys are terrific. Have a great trip.

On Roatan the AI divemasters are generally on a pretty low salary so well earned tips are always going to be appreciatted.

Many other divemasters outside of the AI's are paid per diver, so if you're enjoying that nice small group you're in and all that space on the boat perhaps a 10% tip can be improved upon????

Lastly, tell your divemaster, instructor or captain WHY you're tipping them, it'll benefit them and their future divers.

Hmm.. What can one expect to pay for "adult beverages" here?

You know, when I was at AKR earlier this year I did enjoy a few adult beverages. The way I did it was to go during happy hour (2 for 1) and took extra beers back to the room. But then with all the diving, I was pretty much ready for lights out early and didn't hang out in the bar too much. I don't remember how much it was for a beer but it didn't seem that expensive when you got twofers. You could always catch a cab and go to West End and go to the store and buy some libations?

There is a store near AKR. Go out of the resort and turn left...just a little ways down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom