Roatan in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rodraid

Registered
Reaction score
I am traveling to Roatan for a 7 night dive vacation. I have been there twice before and stayed at Fantasy Island both times. Had a great time both times.

I have some interest in staying somewhere in the West End.

Is there any place I can stay where I can get in 3-5 dives per day? Don't really care if 1-2 of those dives/day are shore dives.

Thanks,
Rod

What Dan said~ and May is one of my favorite Roatan months.

Shore diving on other than the South Shore will begin much further out from shore. From FI you were used to wall diving or an intact wreck as a shore dive. This will be a lot different on the west End.

You have also been spoiled in terms of quantity of dives you experienced from an AI Resort, again, especially one on the South side (like FI, CCV, or RHR). The dive schedule on the West End is even tighter even than the two tightly scheduled morning dive departures at FIBR. West End schedules are usually presented so that you do one of the two AM departures, then the afternoon departure, as well. Tough to get in more than three on any given day.

Night dives are also problematic. West End night dives are scheduled as once-a-week affairs, done off of a boat and only if there are enough sign-ups.

For some vacationers, the diving styles and programs of this West End zone are just perfect. If you want to replicate the diving access you found at FIBR, it isn't going to happen. Enjoy the west End for what it offers beyond diving- access to restaurants, nice guest houses, many bars and... did I mention the beach?

I am staying and diving with Coconut Tree the last week of May. I was down diving with them last year and its a good value. But you are limited to 3 dives a day. No shore diving avail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom