Rob Murphy's Day in Court

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete clearly hacked her account. :scorned:

Hey now ...I resent the implication.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Dallas area a dive flag/float attracts boaters when they don't know what it's for. Boaters will even pick it up out of the water and try to leave with it before they realize there's a string attached, pulling the diver to the surface rapidly. That's why I don't attach the reel to me, so I can let go quickly if I need to.
Perhaps we need to take a lesson from the caving community and put up signs on as many docks and at as many fueling stations as we can... something along these lines:

dive_flag_warning_plaque.jpg

Rick

Perhaps we need to take a lesson from the caving community and put up signs on as many docks and at as many fueling stations as we can... something along these lines:

dive_flag_warning_plaque.jpg

Rick

Don't recall if it's been mentioned in this thread, but I think I heard that the Ontario Underwater Council has managed to put up (with welcome co-operation from a few marinas and/or pier owners) a few somewhat similar signs after a diver was killed by a boat a few years back.

That sounds like a VERY good idea to me.

Pete clearly hacked her account. :scorned:
You will know that I have hacked your account by all of the gang graffitti:

:gators: and :uga:​

If you want to see some real idiots in boats, go sailing someday and watch the powerboaters. While there are a lot of good powerboaters, there area also some real idiots out there. There are even more idiots on PWCs. Or maybe they're just more idiotic. At any rate, the leisurely pace of a sailboat allows the sailor to see his less-talented (or maybe boneheaded is a better word...) brethren do stupid stuff out of ignorance, or stupidity, or both.

I don't mean to offend anyone, and I won't offend the good, conscientious powerboater. If I've offended you and your'e a boater, maybe you need to look in a mirror and ask yourself if you're the best boater you can be.

If you want to see some real idiots in boats, go sailing someday and watch the powerboaters...
The biggest idiot I've ever seen was a sailboater who cut across the path of the USS Ranger (81,000 tons)!
:D
Rick

Back
Top Bottom