Rocking left to right with BP/Wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 5' 9" 150lbs. in a new 7mm farmer john with hood, gloves and regular BC (which is a bit bouyant, which is whyi am switching to a BP) in salt water I needed about 20 lbs. Hopefully when I switch to a BP and wings without all the foam insulation I can drop a few pounds. The jacket BC is quite heavy out of the water, and then in the water is buoyant, so I have to carry even more weight.

I have the same problem on occasion when diving a 2 piece 7mm wetsuit. My Oneill 7000x has a tendecy to trap air in one leg or the other. It tends to go away after 30 ft depth, probably because the buble gets compressed out or works its way out somehow. The problem can be quite persistent if I dive a shallow profile less than 30 feet or so.

I solve this by opening my cuffs and seals to get good and wet at the begining of a dive.

Marlinspike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom