• Jets

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Rockets

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other?? (are there any?)

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely Jet Fins in the XL or XXL size with the bigger blade. I have a size 10 foot and the XL works well with 7mm wet suit boots but is a little tight with dry suit boots.

Rockets are heavier and not in the same class as the Jet Fin in terms of performance even though they look very similar.

IDI Turtles are another option that some divers like.

Which ever you use, put a set of spring straps on them.

There are other rubber fins. As mentioned above, Rockets and Jets look similar, but there is no comparison between the two. Rockets were one of the worst fins I've ever used, while Jets are the best.

I use L Jets with a wet suit and XL with a dry suit. (size 9) There is a big difference in blade size, but no difference that I notice in performance.

Personally, I use standard rubber straps. Spring straps are expensive and all hype from what I can see. They seem to be designed to solve problems that don't exist.

I'd have to concur about the Rockets. I've never been very fond of them. Although you will see my posts praising the Twin Jets, which are an amazing fin by its own right, Jets are still VERY impressive fins!

I love my JetFins. The standard straps on them are OK. The spring straps are a HUGE advantage when you have to deal with those crap buckle straps on fins like Mares or the like.

Jets are the way to go .. unless you can get your hands on a pair of the rubber sea wings. I can't use jets now since my dry suit (with boot) can't fit in them anymore ... so I'm having to go with the Turtle fins.

DepartureDiver:
... so I'm having to go with the Turtle fins.
Turtle's may soon be very hard to find if not extinct. They are already on the endangered species list. I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that IDI was or is shutting down. Maybe they'll spring back to life.

What's with this obsession with "military/professional divers"? Why do people think that the military uses whatever is "best"?

"I can't use jets now since my dry suit (with boot) can't fit in them anymore ... so I'm having to go with the Turtle fins."

This year Scubapro came out with XXL Jets. Good for size 13 rock boots.

Back
Top Bottom