Rumor has it that Inon America could be +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a shame about Inon America... I feel bad for them. And it's a shame for all of us that the supply chain is about to get considerably longer. But at least they'll still be producing English-language models of their excellent gear and supplying them to the same dealers many of us have been accustomed to working with already.

I guess I don't have to reconsider my planned purchase of 2 Z240's after all, but there may be a small delay in it's fulfillment, depending on exactly when I place the order.

I don't think the S2000 replaces the D2000. It does not have the focus, model light or the twin tube flash and a couple of other things. Still, it is an amazing product and an example of why I hope Inon does not go away. N

I recently purchased lenses and accessories for my Inon strobes from Divervision in Taiwan. Had bought my first D2000 strobe from Backscatter, and my second from a private seller. Divervision's prices are cheaper than Backscatter, even with the express delivery charge. I received my items in less than a week. All items contained instructions in English.
Divervision carries ALL Inon parts as well as many other brands.

www.divervison.com

I recently purchased lenses and accessories for my Inon strobes from Divervision in Taiwan. Had bought my first D2000 strobe from Backscatter, and my second from a private seller. Divervision's prices are cheaper than Backscatter, even with the express delivery charge. I received my items in less than a week. All items contained instructions in English.
Divervision carries ALL Inon parts as well as many other brands.

www.divervison.com

I believe the link should be: www.divervision.com :D

This came to me through uw-photo this AM:

Dear valued Inon America customers and industry colleagues.
Inon America regrets to announce that as of January 9, 2009, the company is suspending sales and most other business operations, for the following reasons.
Since establishing Inon America in September 2003, we have done our best job for these 5+ years building Inon brand name recognition, reputation and market share in North, Central and South America. Despite our efforts and success, the Japanese manufacturers of Inon product, Inon, Inc. and Seanet, Inc., have suddenly and unilaterally decided to sell directly to our customer base, cutting Inon America out of the very business it created.

Sincerely,
-Mark Rupert
President & Founder
Inon America, Inc.
Maybe they should do a cueisnart, if they own a trademark or two in the us.

cuiesnart of america sold the french made line of kitchen equipment in the us for years, before the french company decided to cut them out and make more money. unfortunately, for the french, the cuiesnart trademark, in the us, was registered to the us company. so after a bit of legal wrangling, the french company was denied use of it. the american company then contracted for someone else to make gear with the trademarked name on it, for sale only in the us.

i don't know how this resolved, but for a while cuisenart had no us sales at all, and had to confront establishing a new brand image, in the face of a large well known and liked competing brand (cueisnart)...

Back
Top Bottom