Rumor has it that Inon America could be +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a shame, sorry to hear we will no longer be able to purchase Inon strobes and lenses in the USA or get service for the equipment we have already purchased. Their products were unique to the market. I guess now I just wait for the Oly 4/3s system and hope somebody makes a quality set up for it. I just do not want a full size slr system and the Inon equipment allowed P&S cameras to do amazing things, the D2000 strobe is a wonder. Oh well, so it goes, adios Inon, sorry you are gone from North America.

N

That is a shame, sorry to hear we will no longer be able to purchase Inon strobes and lenses in the USA or get service for the equipment we have already purchased. Their products were unique to the market. I guess now I just wait for the Oly 4/3s system and hope somebody makes a quality set up for it. I just do not want a full size slr system and the Inon equipment allowed P&S cameras to do amazing things, the D2000 strobe is a wonder. Oh well, so it goes, adios Inon, sorry you are gone from North America.

N

It didn't say that you will no longer be able to get INON in the US. It just said that INON Japan is taking over direct sales and distribution to the US dealers. As long as the US dealers buy from INON Japan you will still be able to get INON products.

It didn't say that you will no longer be able to get INON in the US. It just said that INON Japan is taking over direct sales and distribution to the US dealers. As long as the US dealers buy from INON Japan you will still be able to get INON products.

If that means you have to order direct from a Japanese site, good luck with that. That is the same as nothing. Inon America provided parts, service, information, expertise and fast service on purchases. Exactly how will a person order a strobe or a lens from Japan? I don't read Japanese, Inon America listed the accessories and the how to to put it all together, who besides Inon America does that now?

N

If that means you have to order direct from a Japanese site, good luck with that. That is the same as nothing. Inon America provided parts, service, information, expertise and fast service on purchases. Exactly how will a person order a strobe or a lens from Japan? I don't read Japanese, Inon America listed the accessories and the how to to put it all together, who besides Inon America does that now?

N

Did you know that many Japanese speak English? Can even write and read English. Inon did the same thing in many parts of the world including Taiwan where I am at. No problem with English speaking, service, information or any thing else. Now that the middle man is cut out you may even get it cheaper. All of the Inon prices here in Taiwan are cheaper then in the USA. It's just business.

Posts on UW photo centric sites have confirmed DEALERS in the US will support warranties, the INON products, etc. buying directly from INON Japan.

So the thought of ordering DIRECT from Japan is totally off base. Plus INON America was the US Distributor importing product and forwarding to DEALERS. While information was there you did not order major strobes from INON America.

Many of the dealers already import and sell Japanese products and have a good history of dealings with their products.

Facts are always better than hysterical reactions :)

dhaas

Last edited:
Did you know that many Japanese speak English?

Do say, well I be, do tell. The fact is I have tried to order items from Japan before with little luck, not just photo items, not just scuba items but a variety of products. It can be very difficult and language is the least of it.

I may already have spoken to certain persons, their opinions of the situation are mixed.

As to English vs Japanese, the Inon America website was very useful because it laid out the various systems and even recommended compatible products. I find no equivalent web page, in English, Japanese or German or Russian.

"Hysterical," I am not the OP. If Inon goes away, good riddance, a niche will then open to be filled by another company. If a market exists, somebody will fill it, hopefully with a Oly 4/3s system slr. There is always something new and better and hopefully much smaller around the bend.

Y'all have a good day, or not.

N

INON TOP

One mouse click search on Google reveals the complete JAPANESE web site, plus a link for being constructed ENGLISH web site.

In an international world mfrs. will always be providing information in multiple languages. Plus as I said dealers in the US (Reef Photo in FLA, Backscatter East and West and others) have indicated at least to me they will be supporting the INON line.

No panic despite the change is what I see.

YMMV

dhaas

Most of the major places to buy Inon products (Like Reef Photo, Backscatter) will still be selling them it's just where they get them from will change. The one thing that I will miss is that Inon America seemed to be the only place to get english translations of the manuals and that will need to be rectified.

Back
Top Bottom