Rust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t to the maxx2

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I just got certified last week and in the shop I saw a awesome looking knife I had to buy. So I bought it and used it for my open water dive classes. Its already rusting, what do I do to prevent that? I already siliconed it, but what else is there to do?

t to the maxx2:
Hi all, I just got certified last week and in the shop I saw a awesome looking knife I had to buy. So I bought it and used it for my open water dive classes. Its already rusting, what do I do to prevent that? I already siliconed it, but what else is there to do?

Did you rinse the knife? Remember that stainless means just that; less
not rustfree

Titanium is OK if it's the correct alloy. I prefer to accept a bit of rust in exchange for knowing the knife is sharp and will take and hold an edge.

Ya I did rinse it actually, I made sure to clean and dry it with freshwater, took like 20 meticoulous(SP) minutes doing it:). Is there anything that will get the beginning rust spots off so they don't get alot worse?

t to the maxx2:
Ya I did rinse it actually, I made sure to clean and dry it with freshwater, took like 20 meticoulous(SP) minutes doing it:). Is there anything that will get the beginning rust spots off so they don't get alot worse?

I would not be concerned with discoloration. I would be concerned with pitting. Can the knife be disassembled? Is the rust located in tight spots around the handle/blade join? What kind of knife did you buy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom