SAC Rate Changes with Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, for those who say getting your SAC rate in psi is worthless because of the possibility they will change tank sizes, I had more than 400 dives under my belt before I saw my first steel tank. I had seen and used nothing but Al 80s before that. Knowing my SAC/RMV/SCR/whatever in PSI would have been very practical.

Ever since i got my perdix, I couldn't agree more!
The perdix allows you to have the SAC rate displayed all the time.
I dive hp100s and al80s depending on my destination. I know my rmv will be under .5 cf/min if I keep my SAC rate below 19 psi/min for a AL80 and below 17 psi/min for an HP100.

So i use it as a biofeedback device to monitor my breathing rate if I'm doing active stuff like hunting. I take a quick glance at my SAC rate after I finish the task at hand (while checking depth and air) and if it's high, I know I have to chill out a bit and slow my breathing or my dive will be over faster than I would like it to be.

Ever since i got my perdix, I couldn't agree more!
The perdix allows you to have the SAC rate displayed all the time.
I dive hp100s and al80s depending on my destination. I know my rmv will be under .5 cf/min if I keep my SAC rate below 19 psi/min for a AL80 and below 17 psi/min for an HP100.

So i use it as a biofeedback device to monitor my breathing rate if I'm doing active stuff like hunting. I take a quick glance at my SAC rate after I finish the task at hand (while checking depth and air) and if it's high, I know I have to chill out a bit and slow my breathing or my dive will be over faster than I would like it to be.
I use my Perdix SAC display the same way - it’s a great real time feedback device! It’s a great feature (on a great dive computer)!

Back
Top Bottom