Safest locales for diving around the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have to fly to Tokyo first or are there international flights direct to OKI?
I think there are some International flights to OKI, I've not been there yet.

Emirates fly to both Tokyo airports as well as Osaka.

My daughter promised to take me to OKI, I hope she does that soon before I get too old 🤣

Malta is one of the safest countries in the mediterranean area and Gozo has fantastic dive sites, with easy access from the shores.

However, be aware that they drive on the wrong side of the road😉

I think there are some International flights to OKI, I've not been there yet.

Emirates fly to both Tokyo airports as well as Osaka.

My daughter promised to take me to OKI, I hope she does that soon before I get too old 🤣
A dive buddy was there last week, no dive operation would take him diving as he was over 60 years old.

Sandals or Beaches wherever they are....
ewww. banality can be devastating to the soul.

If the sun and the moon and Mars line up, I'd like to go too. Perhaps we go together.

I've lived in Florida all of my life. I was a criminal defense attorney in S Florida for close to 20 years. That said, if you want to stay safe in S Florida, (i) dont buy drugs (ii) dont sell drugs (iii) dont pick up hookers (iv) leave strip clubs before midnight (v) be in bed by midnight and (vi) know where you are going before you leave the hotel.

Follow those simple guidelines and Florida (and most of the US) is pretty safe.
Yes, if you don’t act like trash, you don’t tend to attract trouble. And I’ll add drinking to that list. Staying sober will help a lot.

Yes, if you don’t act like trash, you don’t tend to attract trouble. And I’ll add drinking to that list. Staying sober will help a lot.
Some of us enjoy a cold adult beverage to get the ocean salt out of our mouth, in moderation. But notice I have them out of the clubs and in bed before midnight!

But I agree, sober is important to a safe dive trip.

Back
Top Bottom