Salt folding knife - contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've carried a couple of Spyderco Delicas and used a Rescue and Rescue Jr while working as a whitewater guide. I'd love to have a Salt series for diving. Certainly the serrated would make quick work of any entanglements. Please count me in the contest: xiSkiGuy

I currently carry a small folder in my BC pocket but where I dive I have not found it necessary to use it yet.

Mike (mholmes)

I too would prefer a non-folding knife, and though I'm looking for a good titanium knife, I'd consider H1 stainless. I'm also looking for a knife that mounts on my BCD. (Having it on your leg seems so old school!

Thanks for the kind offer salg!

I have a folding version and its awesome. I think a short (3-4") non-folding titanium would be well received by divers. The sheath is as important as the knife. Sheath needs to be easy to to use (and lock) with one hand, in gloves. The locking mechanism needs to be reliable enough for divers to trust when its upside down (e.g., when mounted on a BC strap). Yellow handle is a good idea, tho the market would probably be better for black.

Cheers

I have an Ocean Master beta titanium folding knife. It keeps it's edge and can be opened using one hand. Best folding knife I've seen.

Hi B & Divo,

I think you will find that H-1 offers greater edge retention than Titanium and is equal in its ability to resist corrosion.

sal

I'll even pay the import taxes to receive free gear.
Count me in
Miketsp

salg:
I think you will find that H-1 offers greater edge retention than Titanium and is equal in its ability to resist corrosion.
I just re-read your materials about H-1, and the .1% composition. Interesting. Also looks price competitive compared to titanium and ceramic. Thanks for posting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom