Salt Water Sting on the eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well shoot...now I'm scared. I hadn't thought about the water stinging my eyes. Thats why I don't do very much swimming at the beach, I hate the saltwater getting in my eyes and burning like hell! If I encounter this problem once I start, I'll have to refer back to this thread, sounds like some good info here.

Just a few hours left until I start my classes.....I'm pretty excited! :51:

Hey Liss its me who is the winer here..............you'll be fine.

Happy Diving

Man
we are made out of salt water,
Try a good mask,ask a ENT about drops= they are PH salt water any how,do you have contacts?
that may cause the problem,
Dive safe
Brad

I think its time to move on to another subject...........I took a new mask out of inventory today!!!

Happy Diving

Scuba Brad:
Let me first say that I love diving in Salt Water!!! Having said that the one thing I have to deal with is the stink of Salt Water on my eyes. For some reason my eyes are more sensitive than others. Even as a kid growing up in So Cal my eyes stung at the beach.

Ok so now for my question..............what recommendations do you have for over sensitive eyes so I can enjoy my dive more???

Happy Diving

You obviously must be MOF :)

Paul in VT

Walter is right about getting used to it...

ReefGuy:
I've seen Walter do an entire dive without a mask.
And I've seen Walter wear a mask when he's not diving!

Back
Top Bottom