Salt Water Sting on the eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yep pepper well do it every time. The salt is a crosive in its salf. Most people has little long lasting afect. Your eyes are probly senative. The eye doc can give you a wash. won't stop it but well relive it fast.

It's a trick question! :cool:

You need a new mask. A mask that fits properly will leak very little water, and you should be able to purge it long before it gets to your eyes.

Terry

Scuba Brad:
Let me first say that I love diving in Salt Water!!! Having said that the one thing I have to deal with is the stink of Salt Water on my eyes. For some reason my eyes are more sensitive than others. Even as a kid growing up in So Cal my eyes stung at the beach.

Ok so now for my question..............what recommendations do you have for over sensitive eyes so I can enjoy my dive more???

Happy Diving

Good comments one and all thanks.

I have changed masks and that has helped. Ber Rabbit that is a good idea I'll try that one on my next dive. I do find that if I blink and clear the water from my eyes I'm fine............but once I clear the mask again it hits me. I've started clearing my mask with my eyes closed and that helps also.

I do have a big face.........heck I'm a big guy.........6'1" 250......so most masks don't fit very well. I'm using a Mares big eyes now and its working great.........although I miss my XS Scuba purge.

All these ideas are great.

Happy Diving

Skeeter1097:
yep pepper well do it every time. The salt is a crosive in its salf. Most people has little long lasting afect. Your eyes are probly senative. The eye doc can give you a wash. won't stop it but well relive it fast.

Nobody is perfect and my spelling is bad but damn. This post almost needed a translator.
This is a great spellcheck plug-in for Internet Explorer

Once I was eating that really hot beef jerky that has the little crushed pepper seeds allover it and then I went to take out my contact lenses before bed.......and accidentally put on of those seeds DIRECTLY on my eye. I thought I was going to die, saltwater would have nice and refreshing in comparison.

OUCH.............well now I have a good comparison. I'll think of you when my eyes are watering.

wink wink

Happy Diving

Courtneyf82:
Once I was eating that really hot beef jerky that has the little crushed pepper seeds allover it and then I went to take out my contact lenses before bed.......and accidentally put on of those seeds DIRECTLY on my eye. I thought I was going to die, saltwater would have nice and refreshing in comparison.
OMG! I bet you always wash your hands now, like you were taught. :14:

Yeah, I eat a lot of jalapeños. ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AFTERWARDS. You can eat them for lunch and it will still burn at 9 o'clock at night.

If I hit my thumb while hammering something, my dad would always stomp on my foot and say, "Took your mind off that thumb didn't it?" So if you need something to take your mind off the stinging eyes, let me know. I can help with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom