Same computer as buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm researching computers, not him- so in the end, it is going to be my pick :) He'll have to agree, of course.

What a woman!

I agree with the majority.

Anything will work and there is no real value assigned to being different.

2 of a kind however means
1) Shared knowledge base
2) If one is lost or otherwise needs to be replaced the survivor can go to either with no learning curve
3) Shared download device
4) There won't be a significant disparity in the limits if you dive as a tight pair.

Consider practical reasons like a woman with a petite wrist and a guy with bad eyesight (get a script mask!) wanting big numbers of something macho that looks like a rebreather console.

Pete

What a woman!

He does other stuff, research is my thing. He'll be the better diver for sure, and probably more knowledgeable once we really get into it. He bought our first house without me seeing it... (we lived out of state and I couldn't get vacation time for the house hunt). I'm at least giving him input on his computer-haha.

I updated in the last post we bought him a Vyper Air today. I'll likely get the Zoop at a later date, but am still looking into other options. I think as long as we are on the same algorithm we are good, and to me conservative is a very good idea.

FWIW the Suunto Vyper (and Vyper Air) is supposed to come with the USB cable now according to their website and according to the box. However, when I received mine from LeisurePro it wasn't in the box and they initially didn't want to send me one. Unfortunately it looks like they're removing them to resell. Double check your stuff, it's worth the $75!!!!!

Mine had a cable, however I am nervous because I sent ALL my stuff back to suunto when I sent it back for service. I hope it all comes back to me! I really like the way it hooks to the computer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

In unrelated news, 7 mm wetsuits suck. The one they said 'fit' was so heavy it felt like it was crushing my spine so I had to fight to stand up straight. Also, I need to grow about 6 inches, because there is a lot of extra leg and arm on these suits. If I do AOW, they told me I'll have to do a trip, because a dry-suit won't fit me, and they don't do it in a lake that has appropriate temperatures for wet suits on deep wrecks.

I roll the sleeves up in mine at the wrist. This was after trying on 16 suits (we counted). I could cut them but the roll works fine.

I'm likely going to pick up a whites fusion drysuit because of the difficulties in getting fitted as a female diver and because I have weight fluctuations that are discouraging me from buying custom.

Back
Top Bottom