School's almost out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mholmes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a middle school computer teacher in Aurora (the one in Colorado not the one in _____________ fill in your state here) during the winter months. I am new (again) to diving having been certified at Culver Military Academy (summers) in the 1960's. I did a intro dive in Tahiti several years ago and got back into diving again. Last summer I did open water (SSI and PADI) and have spent all my vactions since trying to dive. The only problem is that my wife has asthma and is not permitted to dive with me so I end up diving with groups. She does enjoy snorkeling so we try to do some of that on our trips. Since certification I have been diving in Turks and Caicos (Provo) - Fall break, Fort Lauderdale - Christmas break, and Cozumel - Spring break. I am still deciding if the SCUBA is the reason for the travel or the travel is the reason for the SCUBA. At this point SCUBA is winning.

Mike

:D I like Mike already, good sense of humor :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Mike

I used to just travel and look for things to do. :pilot: Now Scuba is my reason.

Your wife might want to consult the medics at DAN as well as our own Dive Medicine forum, as we do have divers with asthma. :lildoc:

don :cowboy:

Hey Mike, welcome to SB. Estes Park, lucky you to be able to work and live in the place. As far as my wife is concerned we used to travel for traveling, now we travel for scuba, but she only snorkels (sticks head underwater while standing in the shallows) and of course shops. Sounds like you have done some nice dives. Look forward to hearing more about you diving.
David

DandyDon:
Your wife might want to consult the medics at DAN as well as our own Dive Medicine forum, as we do have divers with asthma. :lildoc:

Thanks for the suggestion Don but the Kaiser doctor says no, something about not wanting her to be on a respiratior again.

Mike

mholmes:
Thanks for the suggestion Don but the Kaiser doctor says no, something about not wanting her to be on a respirator again.

Mike
Okay, that's significant. We always want to dive safe around here, and you are certainly right on the prudent call. Best wishes there. Good that she will dive travel with you, and you will snorkel with her. :Kissy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom