Scoot early check in at Changi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We land at Changi at 8 am, and fly out the next day on Scoot to Manado at 9:30 (separate ticket). We are staying at the Crowne Plaza. Does it make any sense to do the early check in for Scoot in Terminal 1 and heading into town, as opposed to dropping the bags off at the hotel? Would seem to make the next morning a bit easier and won't need the gear in Singapore. I've read through the websites etc but not really sure it's making sense.
Also it's not clear if it's 18 hours (in which case we'd just do the hotel route and maybe check in later if we get back in time) or 48

Thanks for any advice

Take the bags to your hotel. It's on site. You can drop your bags there then explore. @Joneill just did this. He'd have better advice than me. I'm following his advice.

Take the bags to your hotel. It's on site. You can drop your bags there then explore. @Joneill just did this. He'd have better advice than me. I'm following his advice.
My situation was a bit different. When I checked in with Singapore airlines at Newark, they checked my gear bag all the way through to Jakarta and also gave me my boarding pass for the Singapore to Jakarta leg - so I had no bags to pickup or check-in in Singapore.

I then just had my carry on and small backpack with me at the Crowne Plaza - so had my toiletries and a change of clothes for the next morning.

I landed in Singapore at ~5PM and flew out to Jakarta the next morning at 9:30 so did not bother going into town - I just took a tour through the terminals and the Jewel - lots to see and some good food in the Jewel.

If you are getting in at 8 AM and can immediately check your larger bags for the next days flight and head into town, I’d probably do that - but it you have other bags that you are not checking, I’d check with the Crowne Plaza to see if they will hold them for you prior to check-in or have an early check-in available so you can drop in your room. As I got in later, I was able to check in and drop the bags in my room.

My situation was a bit different. When I checked in with Singapore airlines at Newark, they checked my gear bag all the way through to Jakarta and also gave me my boarding pass for the Singapore to Jakarta leg - so I had no bags to pickup or check-in in Singapore.

I then just had my carry on and small backpack with me at the Crowne Plaza - so had my toiletries and a change of clothes for the next morning.

I landed in Singapore at ~5PM and flew out to Jakarta the next morning at 9:30 so did not bother going into town - I just took a tour through the terminals and the Jewel - lots to see and some good food in the Jewel.

If you are getting in at 8 AM and can immediately check your larger bags for the next days flight and head into town, I’d probably do that - but it you have other bags that you are not checking, I’d check with the Crowne Plaza to see if they will hold them for you prior to check-in or have an early check-in available so you can drop in your room. As I got in later, I was able to check in and drop the bags in my room.
Thanks, I think we will be just going to the hotel. Doubt the room will be ready, but at least we can drop off the heavy dive stuff and roller bags while we go into town. Unfortunately we aren't on Singapore Air from the states so we have to collect the bags

Trying to convince my wife to adopt the pack light and do laundry mentality... we'll see :p

Thanks, I think we will be just going to the hotel. Doubt the room will be ready, but at least we can drop off the heavy dive stuff and roller bags while we go into town. Unfortunately we aren't on Singapore Air from the states so we have to collect the bags

Trying to convince my wife to adopt the pack light and do laundry mentality... we'll see :p
Have fun!

Which resort are you going to in Manado?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom