Scuba Diving Magazine Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markrovner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone participated in any of Scubadiving's diver to diver trips? Their upcoming deal with Stuart Cove looks attractive. I know they are promoting swag (Oceanic HUD mask) but just wondering what the overall vibe might be like.

Thanks for your help!

My experience is that any SCUBA Group trip is what you make of it. The worst thing is that you could go with preconceived notions (I'm gonna meet hot babes; hondo divers; party animals, etc).

Go if the trip locale and focus meets your goals. I could care less about either, but some might get a kick out of their signature submarine buoy dive and being able to yack away with your buddy.

Is the trip any cheaper than doing it yourself?

Ha -- I was hoping for the LACK of all of the above -- just want low-key diving with folks who love the hobby. If it's a scene, I am OUTTIE...

I've been on trips with groups of divers from D2D. They weren't officially sponsored trips, but group trips put together by people on the message board with an open invite to other members. Have have had a good time on all the trips. The trips I've been on were to Quadra island in British Columbia and a Truth Aquatics limited load liveaboard to the California Channel Islands. I don't know if those being cold water trips will make a lot of difference in the group personality, it might. All the divers I've met have been fairly experienced and for the most part pretty well traveled. Lots of photographers too.

I have photos and a trip report from those trips on my website. http://www.brobertson.org/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom