SCUBA Diving, Urban Legends and Mythbusters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to me, that you should still be breathing while you make your ascent, therefore there should be less pressure in your tank when you reach the surface.

You should buy a dive computer you can grow into ... that way you'll never need to buy another one.

Sharks are attracted to divers riding scooters because of the electo-mechanical signal given off.

All scuba gear is life support and therefore you should spend as much as possible on it.

You couldn't survive without the advice from your LDS so it's incumbent on you to make sure they survive.

You want to make sure you check your buoyancy at the start of every dive with a good fin pivot.

If you have any problem underwater, immediately get negative and plant yourself on the bottom to deal with the situation. It's more stable that way.

If you bring a banana on a boat, the captain will go bananas.

When your drysuit floods you'll sink and die.

Busted,been there done that.:D

PADI has a top secret plan to take over the world with an army of OW instructors. That's the main reason behind them developing their E-learning program.
You better start hidding,the PADI MIB will be after you shortly.:rofl3:

If I wear my THREE WOLF MOON tshirt on a dive trip, the local bimbettes will rape me.

three-wolf-moon.jpg

Here's one I believed and have of late busted myself:

Because rebreathers use so much less gas, they will save you money.

:rofl3:

Here's another one I have busted:

You can't learn anything about diving on the internet - only from a paid instructor.

One more:

Argon is a placebo.

one has to have a drysuit certification to dive one

You need to be certified to change a regulator hose

Here's one I believed and have of late busted myself:

Because rebreathers use so much less gas, they will save you money.

:rofl3:

You're not diving deep enough. :wink:

We all know that's not true... But if you pee in your wetsuit - it does attract sharks.
You only have to worry about that when you're menstruating Howard! :D

Back
Top Bottom