Scuba Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a surprising question coming from an advertising based review site:

Disclaimers Sea World Scuba

Perhaps you could fill us in with your specific needs and we could better answer your question further.

I too like open heel fins for cold water.

Regards,
Cameron

It really depends of your diving stile and the weight balance of your equipment.
I use the RK3 with a drysuit (trilaminate) and the fins buoyancy is perfect to keep the feet up at the correct angle without efforts.
They are also very light and enough stiff, perfect if you travel a lot and you need to save weight where possible.
I dive 90 degrees in good trim (or at least try to) and only use my suit for squeeze. I find it uncomfortable to say the least to dive with light fins while using a Drysuit. You must be someone very special to not get annoyed by this or maybe you don’t have good trim in the first place.....
You must use gaiters or ankle weights or steel tipped Drysuit boots?

I find it uncomfortable to say the least to dive with light fins while using a Drysuit.

I use a Santi drysuit with flexsole.
Light fins is about the weight outside of the water (a big advantage for me, I travel a lot), what it count underwater is the fins features (ie: stifness; water conveying) and their buoyancy. I use the RK3 and the Jet Fin, I'm perfectly fine with both of them. In general I don't think I ever felt uncomfortable in the recent times... maybe the first 3 seconds when I got my certification back in time, but it wasn't due to the fins. :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom