SCUBA in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Sirk,

I remember you folks. You and your wife were there. Yeah, that was a really god day of diving. I had a sweet PM dive later on from shore too. Did you see the bottlenose dolphins come up at the end of the first dive? I got a video clip of that too. I've posted it on my helloworld site: www.helloworld.com/shakadoug it's under my video section, UW Clip of the day. the date was 10-25-07

Lesson here: Always dive with a camera or a photographer around! You never know what you'll see and there's nothing better than a photo or video to help remember it and enjoy it over and over again...plus you can share with non-divers and get them involved.

To the OP: Be sure to get U/W pictures when you make it to Maui!! I hope you get here soon!

Right, my wife and I.
Ya, the dolphins were a nice treat during the safety stop! Thanks for the video. Great dives. Also, I love your pics that you have posted on helloworld.

This was my first attempt at U/W photography. I never even thought to take video clips. Now that I see your video of the dolphins and manta, I sure wish I thought of it. The good thing is there will be a next time.

Can't beat diving in Maui. My husband and I were there on business in Feb. '99. Decided to dive with the whales, or to dive in the same ocean they are in. We were also with the owner of the co. we work for and he said since you are here and it is Valentines Day you should get married. My response was, "Only if it doesn't interfere with the diving." We got married, stayed 2 weeks and went diving every day. I would do it again if it wasn't such a long plane ride from FL.

We definitely saw critters there that we haven't seen since!

Wow, I didn't realize that Manta sightings were uncommon! We've been extremely lucky to see one on every trip we've taken to Maui.

Me too! Sometimes a few sightings on every trip to Maui. Usually at Molokini....on my favorite boat Prodiver.

Great videos btw! Loved Shakadoug's youngster Manta. So dang cute!

On a recent trip to Maui, my daughter and I did a scooter dive off of Ukumehame Beach Park to a Manta Ray cleaning station where we saw over 30 manta in formation (like a conga line). It was awesome. There were mantas there of all sizes. We lost count after 30 arrived. Amazing. PM me if you want the name of the dive operator and guide who led us there.

Back
Top Bottom