Scuba Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on what you are looking for. This is coming for a USA perspective as I don't know where you are located.

If you are a new diver and looking for information on all aspects of diving I would recommend Dive Training Magazine. It is also very good for more advanced divers as well. I've been diving for 36 years and I'm a CCR trimix instructor and still enjoy it.

If you just want pretty pictures and articles on dive travel, Scuba Diving or Sport Diver come to mind. They do have gear reviews and some "Lessons for Life" columns as well.

If you are looking for an online magazine I would suggest Underwater Journal (Underwater Journal).

Hope that helps you get started. I'm sure you will get lots of other opinions here.

Doug

Thank you. I am from The U.S. new england actually. Dive training looks good. I didn't even know they had an online magazine for diving (not that I looked). Thanks again.

Just to throw my 2 psi in....

I'm a big fan of the Canadian magazine Diver! Month after month, they have great articles, and not the same recycled rot that 'Sport Diver' and 'Scuba Diving' seem to have.

I also get Wreck Diving, but unfortunately that only comes 4 times a year....but the wait it well worth it!

Advanced Diving is apparently going through some changes, and from what I can tell will no longer be a print magazine, they may be going the "e" magazine route, but they are pretty decent!

I also agree that Dive Training is a good one! I pick mine up at either my LDS or the quarry where I dive for free!

Wreck diving is a great magazine but only if you are an avid wreck diver.

advanced diver magazine (ADM) was by far the best magazine out there if you are a technical diver but as mentioned is not in hard copy print any more. Instead they are going online editorials. Check them out at Advanced Diver Magazine

It all really depends on what kind of diver you are and what you are looking for in a magazine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom